User over mailbox limit can not send mail even after they delete messages

User over mailbox limit can not send mail even after they delete messages

Post by Jeff Turle » Thu, 31 Oct 2002 03:13:33

On the Exchange 5.5 server at my site I have the mailbox
size limit set to 20 mb.  When a user exceeds their
mailbox limit and then proceeds to delete enough messages
to be below the limit.  Exchange still dose not allow them
to send mail.  It still reports there mailbox as having
the amount of messages it had in it before the user
deleted them.  And I have check to make sure the user has
emptied their trash as well.  Is there a way for me to
force an update?  So that the exchange server sees the
items deleted from the mailbox right away.  Thanks Jeff

User over mailbox limit can not send mail even after they delete messages

Post by Melissa Travers [MS » Thu, 31 Oct 2002 06:08:59

Hi Jeff,

You may want to see if this is relevant

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q278/4/27.asp

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

Quote:> On the Exchange 5.5 server at my site I have the mailbox