Are there any limit on Private store size on SBS 4.5, Exchange 5.5

Are there any limit on Private store size on SBS 4.5, Exchange 5.5

Post by Martin Moustgaar » Fri, 28 Jun 2002 17:29:57

Hello all.

I have a server running Microsoft Small Business Server 4.5. I know that
there are som limitations on how big an SQL databasefile can be using SBS
4.5, but are there any similar limitations on the size of the *.EDB files on
the Exchange 5.5 server when it comes with SBS 4.5, or is the limit the same
as on a "normal" Exchange 5.5 server?

Martin Moustgaard

Are there any limit on Private store size on SBS 4.5, Exchange 5.5

16GB per each database.

--
Corrections are welcome.
Please keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

Kirill

Are there any limit on Private store size on SBS 4.5, Exchange 5.5

Post by Martin Moustgaar » Fri, 28 Jun 2002 18:17:50

Hmmm.

That's oing to cause me some problems within a few months or so :-)

Do you know if it's possible to upgrade the Exchange server to an Enterprise
edition and still run the other components (SQL server and so on) as SBS
4.5? I only have this one server, so it's not possible for me to set up an
ekstra server in order to move the exchange site a new server.

Martin Moustgaard

> 16GB per each database.

> > Hello all.

> > I have a server running Microsoft Small Business Server 4.5. I know that
> > there are som limitations on how big an SQL databasefile can be using
SBS
> > 4.5, but are there any similar limitations on the size of the *.EDB
files on
> > the Exchange 5.5 server when it comes with SBS 4.5, or is the limit the
same
> > as on a "normal" Exchange 5.5 server?

> > Martin Moustgaard

> --
> Corrections are welcome.
> Please keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

> Kirill

Are there any limit on Private store size on SBS 4.5, Exchange 5.5

Post by Jada Soldavin » Fri, 28 Jun 2002 21:39:10

On versions of Exchange earlier that 5.5 there is a 16GB
limint on the size of the priv.edb file.  On Exchange 5.5
there is no limit to the size of the priv.edb file.
Hope this helps.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hello all.

>I have a server running Microsoft Small Business Server
4.5. I know that
>there are som limitations on how big an SQL databasefile
can be using SBS
>4.5, but are there any similar limitations on the size of
the *.EDB files on
>the Exchange 5.5 server when it comes with SBS 4.5, or is
the limit the same
>as on a "normal" Exchange 5.5 server?

>Martin Moustgaard

>.

Are there any limit on Private store size on SBS 4.5, Exchange 5.5

Post by Bob » Fri, 28 Jun 2002 22:39:30

I beleive 55 Professional is 16GB, and 55 Enterprise has no
limit.

Quote:> On versions of Exchange earlier that 5.5 there is a 16GB

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 15:24:39

> Hmmm.

> That's oing to cause me some problems within a few months or so :-)

> Do you know if it's possible to upgrade the Exchange server to an Enterprise
> edition and still run the other components (SQL server and so on) as SBS
> 4.5?

I have no idea. You would better call MS and ask. Or carry out an experiment.

--
Corrections are welcome.
Please keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

Kirill

1. difference between Mailbox Size and Private Store Size - Exchange 5.5 SP4

Hi there,

I have a server running Exchange 5.5 SP4, which has recently started
hitting the 16Gb limit for exchange standard.

My query is this - If I export the Mailbox Resourses list, and add the
Total K column up, it only comes to 5.5gb - where has the extra 10Gb
gone?

I've tried offline defrags, they dont reduce the size very much.

isinteg -test alltests shows 0 errors
eseutil /g shows database consitent

Deleted Item retention is set to 0 days, and the ticky box for dont
delete till backup is unticked.

We are running Backup Exec doing a brick backup of both the whole
information store and the individual mailboxes - this completes
without errors. 10 days ago this was backing up the first 35 mailboxes
totalling 12Gb!, and giving errors saying unable to access the
remaining ones. This has now stopped and its backing up all 137
mailboxes (though nothing has changed permissions wise)

In the last week, the database size shot up by 2gb for no apparent
reason - the previous week it only grew by 30mb.

I think i've detailed all relevant info - if I've missed anything i'd
appreciate knowing! Its doing my head in.

Cheers

Ross Woodward - MCSE Win2k NT4 (not exchange though - yet)
NE Solutions Ltd

2. Directory Replication over Site Connector - help needed!

3. Migrating SBS Exchange 4.5 to Windows 2000 + Exchange (not SBS)

4. Mailbox over size limit

5. Exchange 5.5 Information store size/Mailbox size limits

6. Exchange and Outlook authentication

7. Upgrade from Exchange 5.5 (SBS 4.5) to Exchange Server 2000

8. Clustering Novice Question

9. SBS 4.5 Exchange to Full Exchange 5.5

10. Move Exchange from SBS 4.5 to NT 4.0 / Exchange 5.5

11. HELP !Transfering Exchange from SBS 4.0 to SBS 4.5

12. Change User's Name in Exchange 5.5 (SBS 4.5)

13. Message journaling with Exchange 5.5 (SBS 4.5) SP3?