Exchange 2003 - NDR if I try delivery mail out of my exghange

Exchange 2003 - NDR if I try delivery mail out of my exghange

Post by Lorenzo Soncin » Fri, 21 Feb 2003 19:47:37

I know,
Exchange 2003 is Beta, not supported....but I have
installed that on our customer for starting the
optimization of an appplication based on it.
Now:
I have Exchange on a Win2003 RC2 server. Only one server,
is DC and there are not other server in domain.

I have make this configuration:
On all client (Outlook XP):
 I have ionstalled POP3/SMTP for the ISP
 I have installed the exchange server service
on server:
I have make an SMTP Connector for relayn all message to
the SMTP of ISP.

I have some user on exchange and some user on ISP server.
The user in exchange can't send mail to other internal
user who have mail on the ISP server.

exchange domain. (the flags in recipient policy is
disabled). when user1 with exchange mailbox try send
message to user2 without an exchange mailbox exchange

I try to bypass the problem using two different domain for
internal (exchange) and external Es. domain.local for
exchagne and domain.com for external mail...but exchange
change the replay adress of my costumer.

I hoe we have expalined the problem..and sorry for my
english
Lorenzo Soncini

Exchange 2003 - NDR if I try delivery mail out of my exghange

Post by Lorenzo Soncin » Sun, 23 Feb 2003 16:33:38

I have solved. If I use connector don't work. If I delete all SMTP connector
and configure a relay host on SMTP Virtual Server work fine

Bye
Lorenzo Soncini

> I know,
> Exchange 2003 is Beta, not supported....but I have
> installed that on our customer for starting the
> optimization of an appplication based on it.
> Now:
> I have Exchange on a Win2003 RC2 server. Only one server,
> is DC and there are not other server in domain.

> I have make this configuration:
> On all client (Outlook XP):
>  I have ionstalled POP3/SMTP for the ISP
>  I have installed the exchange server service
> on server:
> I have make an SMTP Connector for relayn all message to
> the SMTP of ISP.

> I have some user on exchange and some user on ISP server.
> The user in exchange can't send mail to other internal
> user who have mail on the ISP server.

> exchange domain. (the flags in recipient policy is
> disabled). when user1 with exchange mailbox try send
> message to user2 without an exchange mailbox exchange

> I try to bypass the problem using two different domain for
> internal (exchange) and external Es. domain.local for
> exchagne and domain.com for external mail...but exchange
> change the replay adress of my costumer.

> I hoe we have expalined the problem..and sorry for my
> english
> Lorenzo Soncini

1. Exchange 2003 Mail Delivery Question / Queues

I run a 5.5 shop... and I am migrating to 2003.  Right now I have a
bunch of 2003 servers up in a test domain off the network.  This is my
way of getting "familiar" with 2003 before I put it in production.

I have a question about the queues in 2003.  They look way different
than 5.5.  Lets say I have a 2003 exchange server set up for domain
"test1.com" and a 2003 server set up for domain "test2.com".  I want
to troubleshoot message delivery issues... so I turned off the
test1.com mail server.  When I try to send a message from

sits out in la-la land cause that server is off.

In 5.5 I can very easily troubleshoot this by going into admin.exe and
into Connections / IMC / Queues / and I can see the message sitting
there waiting to be re-sent cause first attempt failed.

Where can I find these messages and queues in 2003.  I tried looking
at System Manager / Organization / Global Settings / Message Delivery
and didnt see anything there.  I also tried System Manager /
Organization / Servers / test1server / Protocols / SMTP as well as
System Manager / Organization / Servers / test1server / Queues.  When
I go there to queues... I see an entry for test1.com but I cant find
any messages pending to it.

Does anyone know what im talking about?  :)  I want to find the place
that lists all my pending messages to be delivered in Exchange 2003.

Thanks!
RICH

2. retrieving files lost in update

3. Exchange 2000 trying to remote delivery of local mail

4. Outlook 2000 rollout

5. Win 2003 Exchange 2003 RC1 with Office 2003 Beta 2

6. Disaster Recovery Exchange 2000

7. Merge exchange 5.5 mail box to exchange 2003 mail box

8. need help accessing exchange server using CE 2.0 via RAS

9. Migrating Exchange 5.5 on Win 2K to Exchange 2003 on a new Win 2003 server

10. Exchange 2003: Need to restore Exchange 2000 backup to 2003

11. EXCHANGE 2000 ON WIN2k to Exchange 2003 on Server 2003

12. No internal mail delivery and no NDR

13. NT4/ Exchange 5.5 to Windows 2003/ Exchange 2003