a user cannot receive a email sent by particular user

a user cannot receive a email sent by particular user

Post by Taye » Thu, 04 May 2000 04:00:00

We have a strange problem here in our office(120 nodes) where User A cannot
seem to send email to this User B only.  The message does not come back
undeliverable but User B just doesn't receive it.  But User A and reply to User
B and User B gets the email.  Any clues on what could be the problem?

Exchange 5.5 SP 2
Outlook 97 clients

Thanks!

a user cannot receive a email sent by particular user

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Thu, 04 May 2000 04:00:00

Note SMTP address of MailboxB. Go to UserA machine, compose message, TYPE in e-mail
address (do not select recipient from PAB or Contacts) and send message.
What is the result?

> We have a strange problem here in our office(120 nodes) where User A cannot
> seem to send email to this User B only.  The message does not come back
> undeliverable but User B just doesn't receive it.  But User A and reply to User
> B and User B gets the email.  Any clues on what could be the problem?

> Exchange 5.5 SP 2
> Outlook 97 clients

> Thanks!

group).

Kirill

a user cannot receive a email sent by particular user

Post by Ron Spadafora - MCS » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>We have a strange problem here in our office(120 nodes) where User A cannot
>seem to send email to this User B only.  The message does not come back
>undeliverable but User B just doesn't receive it.  But User A and reply to User
>B and User B gets the email.  Any clues on what could be the problem?

Have you turned on message tracking and tracked the message?

Quote:

>Exchange 5.5 SP 2
>Outlook 97 clients

>Thanks!

_

Ronald J. Spadafora, Jr. - MCSE+I

1. Internal Outlook user cannot send-receive from another specific user

NT 4.0 domain sp5 with Exchange Server 5.5 sp2 will not send or receive from
Outlook user 1 to / from Outlook user 2.  All other users can send / receive
to anyone, both internal and external. I have rebooted the Exchange Server
and rebooted the 2 affected client's NT 4.0 sp5 Outlook 98 workstation but
they still cannot communicate.

TIA

Ric Griffy

2. How to access Global Address Book using VBScript?

3. New Users can send but cannot receive email!

4. HELP! How do i limit the size of PUB.EDB?

5. Exchange 5.0 and IIE 3.02 http access, HELP!

6. Event 191

7. Users cannot send mails to particular mail address

8. one particular user have problem to retrieve/send email

9. Problems sending emails to one particular user

10. cannot send email to one particular email address.