CSV Attribute Name for Phone fields

Post by Tom Live » Tue, 06 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I've got a simple ES ADMIN Tools|Import question (ES 5.5 sp2) for a
csv file; I need the field name of the "Phone" attribute field so I
can upload pre-generated info from a personnel database onto the ES
directory; Office, Department fields etc work but I cannot map
Phone to a name.  I've tried Business, Business 1, Telephone etc. I've
looked at the MS KB and find references to the resource kit (which I
don't have).   Mainly I just need the name of the "phone" attribute.
Thanks,

CSV Attribute Name for Phone fields

Post by Eric Steven » Tue, 06 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Here are the tags for home and office phone

Telephone-home

Telephone-office1

CSV Attribute Name for Phone fields

Post by Wesley Dudzins » Wed, 07 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I've got a simple ES ADMIN Tools|Import question (ES 5.5 sp2) for a
>csv file; I need the field name of the "Phone" attribute field so I

If you have DsExport.exe you could use the following fields:

Phone Number,Business phone number 2,Fax Number,Mobile number,Pager Number

Wes

Post by Ron Spadafora - MC » Thu, 08 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>I've got a simple ES ADMIN Tools|Import question (ES 5.5 sp2) for a
>csv file; I need the field name of the "Phone" attribute field so I
>can upload pre-generated info from a personnel database onto the ES
>directory; Office, Department fields etc work but I cannot map
>Phone to a name.  I've tried Business, Business 1, Telephone etc. I've
>looked at the MS KB and find references to the resource kit (which I
>don't have).   Mainly I just need the name of the "phone" attribute.
>Thanks,

Look on your Exchange Server CD for a tool called header.exe.  This
tool will help create the header line of a csv file for use with the
import/export part of the admin program.

Ronald J. Spadafora, Jr.
MCP, MCP +I, MCSE, MCSE +I

Post by Rich Matheisen [MV » Wed, 14 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I've got a simple ES ADMIN Tools|Import question (ES 5.5 sp2) for a
>csv file; I need the field name of the "Phone" attribute field so I
>can upload pre-generated info from a personnel database onto the ES
>directory; Office, Department fields etc work but I cannot map
>Phone to a name.  I've tried Business, Business 1, Telephone etc. I've
>looked at the MS KB and find references to the resource kit (which I
>don't have).   Mainly I just need the name of the "phone" attribute.

In addition to Eric's reply, take a look on the Exchange server CD for
the Exchange Migration Guide. Appendix D has a list of all the
attributes for mailboxes, distribution lists, and custome recipients.

The "header.exe" tool is also found on the Exchange 5.5 server CD. You
can use that to construct the CSV header record.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

CSV Attribute Name for Phone fields

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Wed, 14 Apr 1999 04:00:00

In addition to what Eric and Rich have said:
you can find header.exe in ExchServResKit at
http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/exchange/rkintel/13000.htm

> I've got a simple ES ADMIN Tools|Import question (ES 5.5 sp2) for a
> csv file; I need the field name of the "Phone" attribute field so I
> can upload pre-generated info from a personnel database onto the ES
> directory; Office, Department fields etc work but I cannot map
> Phone to a name.  I've tried Business, Business 1, Telephone etc. I've
> looked at the MS KB and find references to the resource kit (which I
> don't have).   Mainly I just need the name of the "phone" attribute.
> Thanks,

1. High priority messages SUBJECT FIELD and SENDER name routed to the person's mobile phone

When an Exchange Mailbox receives a message with HIGH priority it is of
vital importance that it's treated as such. That's why I want to forward
it to the recipient's GSM mobilephone. In this way the message is
receiwed WORLD WIDE - ON THE MOBILE PHONE!

I am looking for an Exchange extension or a way to send the SUBJECT
field and the sender's NAME to the recipient's mobile phone.

This applies to the Global System for Mobile communication (GSM) and
it's SMS text.

Morten Ross
CAN

2. Oultook very slow

3. Undeliver message

4. Importinng Attributes with a CSV File

5. Virus Scanning API for Exchange

6. Adding attributes via CSV to mailboxes?

7. unable to get the offline address book to work

8. Export User attributes into csv file

9. What attributes can be imported from csv file?

10. Add'l phone fields from AD not replicate to Exchange

11. Import Phone Numbers field into Exchange 5.5

12. Exporting GAL and fields to CSV