Error message in E2K server that has 2 NIC

Error message in E2K server that has 2 NIC

Post by Want To Kno » Sat, 11 May 2002 09:59:58

The browser service has failed to retrieve the backup list too many times
on transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{EFAA751E-E9FC-411B-9808-3912E68F6C26}.
The backup browser is stopping.

--------

I have more than 10 of the above repeated error message in the "system"
event log.
This is E2K Ent running on W2K Adv Srv and it has 2 NIC.

1st nic = 192.168.10.x = prod lan
2nd nic = 192.168.20.x = bkup lan

NetBT is the error that related to NIC, right ?

Error message in E2K server that has 2 NIC

Post by Tom Meunie » Sat, 11 May 2002 12:20:49

Is that machine a domain controller?  Enable file & print sharing.
Q254527.

--

-tom

Quote:> The browser service has failed to retrieve the backup list too many times
> on transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{EFAA751E-E9FC-411B-9808-3912E68F6C26}.
> The backup browser is stopping.

> --------

> I have more than 10 of the above repeated error message in the "system"
> event log.
> This is E2K Ent running on W2K Adv Srv and it has 2 NIC.

> 1st nic = 192.168.10.x = prod lan
> 2nd nic = 192.168.20.x = bkup lan

> NetBT is the error that related to NIC, right ?

Error message in E2K server that has 2 NIC

Post by Want To Kno » Sat, 11 May 2002 19:32:07

This is only a member server.

> Is that machine a domain controller?  Enable file & print sharing.
> Q254527.

> --

> -tom

> > The browser service has failed to retrieve the backup list too many
times
> > on transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{EFAA751E-E9FC-411B-9808-3912E68F6C26}.
> > The backup browser is stopping.

> > --------

> > I have more than 10 of the above repeated error message in the "system"
> > event log.
> > This is E2K Ent running on W2K Adv Srv and it has 2 NIC.

> > 1st nic = 192.168.10.x = prod lan
> > 2nd nic = 192.168.20.x = bkup lan

> > NetBT is the error that related to NIC, right ?

1. having E2k send outbound email via another SMTP server

We are in the process of securing our mail environment by adding in a SMTP
server on our DMZ that will scan for virus's, and have content filtering
policies in place. The SMTP server will act as our internet SMTP gateway,
where incoming mail will first go through this SMTP server and then pass it
onto our E2K server, Outbound mail will be sent via our E2k server onto the
SMTP gateway then onto the NET. What I am unsure about is how to set this up
on the E2k server.

Cheers,

Devante

2. Public Mail Folder

3. Having multiple E2k Servers

4. NT 4.0 NT3.51 => Same Named Box => IMC Question

5. For Folks Having Problems With Second E2K Server Install:

6. Exchange 5.5 Server will not Delete

7. Multi-NIC's and E2K

8. UNABLE TO DISPLAY SECURITY INFO

9. Having DC and E2k in the same box for 80 users

10. Service ERRORS - Exch Does not bind to WAN NIC

11. Routing messages out a specified NIC

12. Two NIC on Exchange server

13. SMTP Not Running on External NIC of Multihomed Server