Exchange 2000 mysteriously filling hard drive... PLEASE HELP..

Exchange 2000 mysteriously filling hard drive... PLEASE HELP..

Post by scub » Sat, 09 Mar 2002 00:43:52

Yesterday... on Exchange server SP1 on Windows 2000 my
information store crashed..  I managed to go into services
and restart the store...  i came in this morning and c:
drive had dropped 1 gig in free space.  My information
stores are located on my E: drive and my transaction logs
are only about 48mb in size.  For the life of me i can't
figure out what would have consumed 1 gig.  I looked in
the mail queue and it is also empty.  It looked like from
the event viewer that it had done it's own recovery and
got everything back up and working.  I just need to find
out what that 1 gig of stuff is..

thanks in advance..!!

Exchange 2000 mysteriously filling hard drive... PLEASE HELP..

Post by Mary » Sat, 09 Mar 2002 01:23:28

Search the c: drive for *.dmp files and delete them. I had that happen on
one of my servers recently.

Quote:> Yesterday... on Exchange server SP1 on Windows 2000 my
> information store crashed..  I managed to go into services
> and restart the store...  i came in this morning and c:
> drive had dropped 1 gig in free space.  My information
> stores are located on my E: drive and my transaction logs
> are only about 48mb in size.  For the life of me i can't
> figure out what would have consumed 1 gig.  I looked in
> the mail queue and it is also empty.  It looked like from
> the event viewer that it had done it's own recovery and
> got everything back up and working.  I just need to find
> out what that 1 gig of stuff is..

> thanks in advance..!!

Exchange 2000 mysteriously filling hard drive... PLEASE HELP..

Post by scub » Sat, 09 Mar 2002 01:45:37

You just saved me.... I really appreciate it.  I was
looking for log files and couldn't find any that big.  I
found a user.dmp file and deleted it.  it was .97gig!!

thanks a million!!

1. PLEASE HELP !Exchange 2000 server is mysteriously filling up hard drive

Yesterday... on Exchange server SP1 on Windows 2000 my
information store crashed..  I managed to go into services
and restart the store...  i came in this morning and c:
drive had dropped 1 gig in free space.  My information
stores are located on my E: drive and my transaction logs
are only about 48mb in size.  For the life of me i can't
figure out what would have consumed 1 gig.  I looked in
the mail queue and it is also empty.  It looked like from
the event viewer that it had done it's own recovery and
got everything back up and working.  I just need to find
out what that 1 gig of stuff is..

thanks in advance..!!

2. Contacts

3. Exchange 2000 mysteriously filling up hard drive

4. Wrong Reply Address

5. Exchange 2000 server mysteriously filling up hard drive

6. Contact Lists

7. Exchange 2000 Server mysteriously filling up hard drive...

8. SMTP & DNS, NOT THE GOOD SMTP SERVER

9. Help !!! PRIV.edb has filled up hard drive

10. Log files mysteriously filling up my drive

11. Exchange Growing to fill the whole hard drive

12. Exchange server 5.5 filling up hard drive

13. Exchange Growing to fill the whole hard drive