First Last..Last, First...Both?

Post by Dave Hickma » Sun, 13 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hey y'all
 Our MIS manager wants the address book to show Lastname, First. Our
users want Firstname, Last. Isn't there a way to give everyone a
choice? I played with an Address Book View but changing the name order
in it changed the order in GAL. Am I doing something wrong or is there
no way to do this?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Dave

First Last..Last, First...Both?

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sun, 13 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> Hey y'all
>  Our MIS manager wants the address book to show Lastname, First.

Idle curiosity,
does he have a good reason for this?

Quote:> Our

--
Got questions? Tell this Keen thing "Go to hell" and visit
http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?FR=0&SA=GN&LNG=ENG

First Last..Last, First...Both?

Post by Dave Hickma » Sun, 13 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I don't know. Actually our phone directory is Lastname, First. Maybe
thats why.

On Sat, 12 Aug 2000 10:20:07 -0400, "Kirill S. Palagin"

>> Hey y'all
>>  Our MIS manager wants the address book to show Lastname, First.

>Idle curiosity,
>does he have a good reason for this?

>> Our
>> users want Firstname, Last. Isn't there a way to give everyone a
>> choice? I played with an Address Book View but changing the name order
>> in it changed the order in GAL. Am I doing something wrong or is there
>> no way to do this?
>> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>> Thanks
>> Dave

First Last..Last, First...Both?

Post by Wack » Tue, 15 Aug 2000 04:00:00

in message

:
: > Hey y'all
: >  Our MIS manager wants the address book to show Lastname, First.
:
: Idle curiosity,
: does he have a good reason for this?
:
Well one good reason is that Last names have less duplicates than forenames,
making browsing much, much easier.

1. GAL sort by last, first name, with from email from First Last

Hi all,

Is it possible to have a user's AD Display Name field be Last, First but when he
sends an email with Outlook have it arrive from First Last?  Or is there some
other way to sort the GAL by Last, First yet have emails arrive from First Last?

thanks,
Karnov

2. IMC - Exceeding Message Size

3. Global Address List Display -Last Name VS First name or First name Last name

4. LDAP & Exchange

5. GAL and last, first / first-last

6. MAPI interface

7. Last, First..First Last..Both?

8. Joining an existing Exchange 2000 site

9. "First Name Last Name" vs "Last Name, First Name" in GAB

10. GAL; changing display name from First, Last to Last, First

11. GAL in last, first; From: & To: in first last