Email sits in outbox

Post by <Tim> » Thu, 26 Jul 2001 23:45:14

When a user creates and sends and email it appears to sit in the oubox.
No new email arrives until the users opens another email or clicks on
another folder.
We are using Outlook98 an a few Outlook2000 clients.
We were running Exchange SP2 and NT4 SP4 with the symptom.
 I applied NT4 SP6a and Exchange SP4 and ran isinteg -fix on the priv
database
After the server ran for one full day the issue has reappeared.
We are using the Coporate connector with Exchange server.
The symptom is always random after a reboot. 1 day after reboot to 1 week
before it happens.
Regards,

Email sits in outbox

Post by Ryan » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 00:27:14

I had this problem with 5.5 on a Server that was very taxed - if you're
running a server with a heavy load, be sure to check all your Exchange
services.  Our Internet Mail Service kept dying, as well as a few others
that I don't recall off the top of my head.  Hope that helps. =]

Ryan

> When a user creates and sends and email it appears to sit in the oubox.
> No new email arrives until the users opens another email or clicks on
> another folder.
> We are using Outlook98 an a few Outlook2000 clients.
> We were running Exchange SP2 and NT4 SP4 with the symptom.
>  I applied NT4 SP6a and Exchange SP4 and ran isinteg -fix on the priv
> database
> After the server ran for one full day the issue has reappeared.
> We are using the Coporate connector with Exchange server.
> The symptom is always random after a reboot. 1 day after reboot to 1 week
> before it happens.
> Regards,

Email sits in outbox

Post by Tony Wood » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 00:46:37

Check this out...
http://www.mail-resources.com/koans/51899.htm

--
Tony Woods MCSE, CNA
Microserve.ca

> When a user creates and sends and email it appears to sit in the oubox.
> No new email arrives until the users opens another email or clicks on
> another folder.
> We are using Outlook98 an a few Outlook2000 clients.
> We were running Exchange SP2 and NT4 SP4 with the symptom.
>  I applied NT4 SP6a and Exchange SP4 and ran isinteg -fix on the priv
> database
> After the server ran for one full day the issue has reappeared.
> We are using the Coporate connector with Exchange server.
> The symptom is always random after a reboot. 1 day after reboot to 1 week
> before it happens.
> Regards,

Email sits in outbox

Post by <Tim> » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 02:42:19

This is not a router issue it works fine for a day or up to a week then
starts happening.
It happens to all subnets even on the exchange server itself.

Both CPU's are avg or low all the time. I went from 400MB to 700MB of memory
to the database and 1GB total memory.
It has 2 procs and smart controllers for the disk.
Most of the activity I see is with the disk and usually if a full scan or
during backups.
I don't have any serices that are or were dying prior to or after applying
the SP's
I will put perfmon to see if any of the services are over taxed.

> Check this out...
> http://www.mail-resources.com/koans/51899.htm

> --
> Tony Woods MCSE, CNA
> Microserve.ca
> Victoria, BC Canada - Earth
> Exchange FAQ - http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

> > When a user creates and sends and email it appears to sit in the oubox.
> > No new email arrives until the users opens another email or clicks on
> > another folder.
> > We are using Outlook98 an a few Outlook2000 clients.
> > We were running Exchange SP2 and NT4 SP4 with the symptom.
> >  I applied NT4 SP6a and Exchange SP4 and ran isinteg -fix on the priv
> > database
> > After the server ran for one full day the issue has reappeared.
> > We are using the Coporate connector with Exchange server.
> > The symptom is always random after a reboot. 1 day after reboot to 1
week
> > before it happens.
> > Regards,

Email sits in outbox

Post by <Tim> » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 08:14:33

I have the proxy client on the Exchange server

> When a user creates and sends and email it appears to sit in the oubox.
> No new email arrives until the users opens another email or clicks on
> another folder.
> We are using Outlook98 an a few Outlook2000 clients.
> We were running Exchange SP2 and NT4 SP4 with the symptom.
>  I applied NT4 SP6a and Exchange SP4 and ran isinteg -fix on the priv
> database
> After the server ran for one full day the issue has reappeared.
> We are using the Coporate connector with Exchange server.
> The symptom is always random after a reboot. 1 day after reboot to 1 week
> before it happens.
> Regards,

Email sits in outbox

Post by <Tim> » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 08:24:24

I tested Q270065 and test 1 fails

Tim

> I have the proxy client on the Exchange server

> > When a user creates and sends and email it appears to sit in the oubox.
> > No new email arrives until the users opens another email or clicks on
> > another folder.
> > We are using Outlook98 an a few Outlook2000 clients.
> > We were running Exchange SP2 and NT4 SP4 with the symptom.
> >  I applied NT4 SP6a and Exchange SP4 and ran isinteg -fix on the priv
> > database
> > After the server ran for one full day the issue has reappeared.
> > We are using the Coporate connector with Exchange server.
> > The symptom is always random after a reboot. 1 day after reboot to 1
week
> > before it happens.
> > Regards,

Email sits in outbox

Post by Jim Utegaar » Wed, 03 Oct 2001 07:01:13

I have the same issue and as an added bonus, the RPC server locks up after
awhile and I am unable to open services, Exchange Admin, etc.

Any ideas than what you have already mentioned?  I was unable to find
Q270065.

> I tested Q270065 and test 1 fails

> Tim

> > I have the proxy client on the Exchange server

> > > When a user creates and sends and email it appears to sit in the
oubox.
> > > No new email arrives until the users opens another email or clicks on
> > > another folder.
> > > We are using Outlook98 an a few Outlook2000 clients.
> > > We were running Exchange SP2 and NT4 SP4 with the symptom.
> > >  I applied NT4 SP6a and Exchange SP4 and ran isinteg -fix on the priv
> > > database
> > > After the server ran for one full day the issue has reappeared.
> > > We are using the Coporate connector with Exchange server.
> > > The symptom is always random after a reboot. 1 day after reboot to 1
> week
> > > before it happens.
> > > Regards,

1. email to a distribution list sits in outbox

Does anyone know of a restriction that prevents email to a distribution list?
Clients can send all other types of email, including attachements.
The distribution list itself does not have any restrictions.
I am using outlook 2000.
Manu

2. Help !! backup & exchange

3. Mail sits in Outbox

4. moving mail

5. Sitting in Outbox

6. Remove OWA virtual directory from default site to specific site?

7. Message Sitting in the Outbox

8. Company spitting up

9. No stamp?...Mail just sits in Outbox

10. Messages sitting in outbox