Outlook with VPN locks up when sending attachments

Outlook with VPN locks up when sending attachments

Post by jstalin7.. » Fri, 09 Feb 2001 00:08:12

I have several users using VPN to log in to the company's network with
their home DSL lines. Their outlook is locking up when they try to send
e-mail with attachments. When I switch them to using personal folders,
their pcs don't lock up. Any ideas how to correct the lock up problem?
The users are using Win98 and we have NT4.0 Server and Exchange 5.5.

Thanks,
Jeff

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Outlook with VPN locks up when sending attachments

Post by Greg Aske » Tue, 13 Feb 2001 00:10:58

What VPN?

"I haven't seen murkier *lines than this since the house of Plantagenet."
--Dennis Miller, Monday Night Football

> I have several users using VPN to log in to the company's network with
> their home DSL lines. Their outlook is locking up when they try to send
> e-mail with attachments. When I switch them to using personal folders,
> their pcs don't lock up. Any ideas how to correct the lock up problem?
> The users are using Win98 and we have NT4.0 Server and Exchange 5.5.

> Thanks,
> Jeff

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. Exchange Server lock-ups

Hello,

I am having one heck of a time figuring this one out. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

The server in question is a NT 4.0 SP6a w/ all security patches and Exchange
5.5 SP4.

Almost every night, at the same time, the server locks up. I get the
following errors:

        Event ID: 9215
        Source: MSExchagneMTA
        Type: Warning

        A sockets error 0 on a connect{}call was detected. The MTA will
attempt to recover the         sockets connection. Control block index:1.
[BASE IL TCP/IP DRVR 8 262](12)

        Event ID: 4284
        Source: MSExchangeMTA
        Type: Warning

        A error occured during connection/disconnection. Error code: 8511 [0
POP4 POP4                 DOWN 6] (14)

        Event ID: 4283
        Source: MSExchangeMTA
        Type: Warning

        Unable to recognize an internal message identifier. Internal
connection handle (LPI)
        1-15-1  Error code: 8464 [POP4 POP4 UP 7 228] (14)

        Event ID: 9316
        Source: MSExchangeMTA
        Type: Warning

        An RPC communications error occurred. No data was sent over the RPC
connection.             Locality table (LTAB) index: 239. Windows NT error:
9317 The MTA will attempt to             recover the RPC connection. [BASE
IL INCOMING RPC 33 522] (12)

Then I get this error right before the server becomes unresponsive;

        Event ID: 8510
        Source: MSExchangeIS Private
        Type: Warning

        Unable to connect to the MTA. Consecutive ma-open calls are failing
with error 3035.

        This Error code corresponds to a Network Error.

Please help, I am totally befuddled by this.

Josh

2. External SMTP Addresses in the GAL

3. server lock ups - Exchange problem?

4. Public foder view in OWA

5. Exchange Server lock-ups

6. New User

7. Lock ups when deleting multiple messages

8. Running SCANPST in batch mode

9. Exchange 5.5 Lock Ups

10. connection to exchange and VPN locks domain account

11. Oulook locks on login during VPN on Win9x

12. Connection to Exchange and VPN locks network account

13. Outlook 98 and ost offline file locks in sync of sent items