offline address book question in Exchange 5.5?

offline address book question in Exchange 5.5?

Post by Atif But » Fri, 24 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Server: Exchange 5.5 running on Win NT server 4.0 with SP 3
Client: Microsoft Outlook 97 running on Win NT workstations with SP 3
(most of the users work off-line on their laptops).

I know by default Exchange creates an Off-line address book for the
Global address list which can be downloaded by going into
Tools-->Synchronize-->download address book.  However our company has
multiple address lists which need to be accessed off-line.  Is there a
way to create a off-line copy for these address lists so they can be
downloaded by going into Tools-->Synchronize-->download address book in
Microsoft Outlook?

I would really appreciate any help on this.
Thank you,
-atif-

offline address book question in Exchange 5.5?

Post by Jeff Forres » Sat, 25 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Click on the Configuration section of your site then double click on DS Site
Configuration. On the Offline Address Book tab you can add as many Address
Books as you want. The user is prompted for which one they want when they
download.

    Server: Exchange 5.5 running on Win NT server 4.0 with SP 3
    Client: Microsoft Outlook 97 running on Win NT workstations with SP 3
(most of the users work off-line on their laptops).
    I know by default Exchange creates an Off-line address book for the
Global address list which can be downloaded by going into
Tools-->Synchronize-->download address book.  However our company has
multiple address lists which need to be accessed off-line.  Is there a way
to create a off-line copy for these address lists so they can be downloaded
by going into Tools-->Synchronize-->download address book in Microsoft
Outlook?

    I would really appreciate any help on this.
    Thank you,
    -atif-

1. Offline Address Book -- Exchange 5.5 Outlook Offline Address Book -- Any way to get this back

I am getting an error when trying to generate the Offline Address book in
Exchange Admin.  It appears of if it has been removed.

Situation:
I moved all my mailboxes to a new server.  I also had the new server
replicate all the public folder info from the old server.  Once replicated I
removed the replicas from the old server.  I believe the OAB did not
replicate over and now I cannot generate it from either of the servers, nor
can i download it from the client.

The Event ID and error I am getting is very general and cannot be found in
TechNet:

"EVENT ID: 5004
Source:MSExchangeSA
Generation of the offline Address Book is complete. Result: An error
occurred. "

IS there any way to make this again?  Please say yes.

Thanks in advance.

2. can you modify msExchESEParamCacheSizeMax on windows 2000 server (not advanced)

3. OUTLOOK W/WORD MAILMERGE PROBLEMS!!!!

4. Shutdown problem with Exchange 5.0 Release Candidate 1

5. Address Book Views and Offline Address Book

6. Mail Merge looses HTML format

7. Offline Address Book and Address Book Views problems

8. Help with Offline Address Books and Address Book Views please

9. Offline address book doesn't contain entire Global Address Book

10. Offline Address Book problem - Exchange 5.5

11. exchange 5.5 offline address book