<<OWA public folder

Post by Fitton, Stephe » Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I need help.

Can someone please let me know the steps necessary to allow anonymous
acces to a public folder for a person from the internet.  This would be
through OWA.

Exchange 5.5 SP3

IIS 4.0/OWA with SSL

I know a little about the anonymous account access: IUSR_COMPUTERNAME.
But I don't recall setting up a password, although I remember reading
something about not changing the default password.  Please help.

<<OWA public folder

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:00:00

>I need help.

>Can someone please let me know the steps necessary to allow anonymous
>acces to a public folder for a person from the internet.  This would be
>through OWA.

Disply the property page of the site HTTP protocol. Select the "Folder
Shortcuts" tab. Click "New..." and add the folder. Make sure the
"Client Permissions" for the folder assigns the necessary role to the
"Anonymous" users.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

<<OWA public folder

Post by kheisy » Wed, 12 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I heard that you can't use the public folders whith OWA. You need Exchange
2K.

Quote:> I need help.

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Wed, 12 Apr 2000 04:00:00

>I heard that you can't use the public folders whith OWA. You need Exchange
>2K.

You heard wrong.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

<<OWA public folder

Post by Charle » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00

The password is blank!

> I heard that you can't use the public folders whith OWA. You need Exchange
> 2K.

> > I need help.

> > Can someone please let me know the steps necessary to allow anonymous
> > acces to a public folder for a person from the internet.  This would be
> > through OWA.

> > Exchange 5.5 SP3

> > IIS 4.0/OWA with SSL

> > I know a little about the anonymous account access: IUSR_COMPUTERNAME.
> > But I don't recall setting up a password, although I remember reading
> > something about not changing the default password.  Please help.

<<OWA public folder

Post by Amiri Jone » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I heard that you can't use the public folders whith OWA. You need Exchange
> 2K.

    Not quite.  You can use public folders with OWA, but only those
containing mail items.  Calendar, Contact, Task, and Journal public folders
cannot be accessed through OWA.

1. SMTP RELAY <<<<<<<<<<<<<,

Hi,

i have exchange 5.0, and some user from outside are spamming through my
email server.  How can i turn off SMTP relay on the exchange 5.0 - i know
exchange 5.5 has a checkbox to do this, but not 5.0

any ideas?

thanks!

2. Managing a single script for mailbox-folders - could this work?

3. SMTP RELAY<<<<<<<<,

4. pop3 & smtp descrip. for Inbox

5. smtp relay <<<<<<<<<<<<<

6. Site and Org name change

8. Mail Disappears

10. <<Can't get autoreply to work from public folder

11. <<Archiving Public Folders

12. <<Moving public folders

13. >>>>OWA Unable to Get Inbox -- GRRRR!!!!!<<<<<