Error 2140 Exchange Event Service

Post by Sam » Tue, 19 Dec 2000 13:27:26

Hi,

I have a problem that I can't get the Microsoft Exchange Event Service
started. Starting the service provides:

Error 2140 an internal windows nt error occured.

consequently I have hundreds of users who can't send external emails
outwards.

HELP!!!!

cheers

Sam

1. 2140 error - can't start exchange event service

Help appreciated.  Here's what happened:
Server I'm working on has Exchange 5.5 set up on a PDC
running NT4. (not my idea!) and "administrator" as login
service user for all Exchnge services.
Admin password was changed.  Exchange won't start at all,
giving "invalid logon" messages.  I changed pw back to old
one.  All services started except event service.  I tried
different user, different password for admin, old password
for admin - noluck. Tech refs say change the user assigned
to run the service - no luck.
Any ideas?  This is, of course, the company's "main,
lifeblood, etc" system.
Thanks

2. Filtering Exchange by Subject

3. Exchange Event Service does not start - Error 2140

4. OL2000 don't receive e-mail from Exchange v 5.5

5. 2140 error for Exchange Event Service

6. How to forwarding Internet Mail

7. Error 2140 in Event Service

8. Setting up Internet mail

9. Event service error 2140

10. Event Service error 2140

11. Event service error 2140 ?

12. Event Service not starting Error 2140

13. Event service error 2140