How do I setup multiple SMTP domains?

Post by Chri » Thu, 20 Feb 2003 23:55:13

Hi all,

Does anyone know how I can setup my Exchange server to take mail for two
SMTP domains? I need the mail one of my users to get email on two different
SMTP email domains.

I have already asked my ISP to direct the email for both SMTP domains to my
one IP address and I am picking up email for one SMTP domain but I am not
reciving email for the other.

My configuration is :
Windows 2K Server
Exchange 2K Server
Windows XP Desktop
Outllook XP Desktop

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Post by Greg Kelle » Fri, 21 Feb 2003 00:18:20

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;289833

--
Greg Kelley
SS&G Technology Consulting, LLC

Quote:> Hi all,

> Does anyone know how I can setup my Exchange server to take mail for two
> SMTP domains? I need the mail one of my users to get email on two
different
> SMTP email domains.

> I have already asked my ISP to direct the email for both SMTP domains to
my
> one IP address and I am picking up email for one SMTP domain but I am not
> reciving email for the other.

> My configuration is :
> Windows 2K Server
> Exchange 2K Server
> Windows XP Desktop
> Outllook XP Desktop

> Any help would be gratefully received.

> Thanks in advance.

> Chris

1. How do I setup up Multiple Domains for SMTP

I am configured currently as follows:
Internet --> Proxy 2.0 /IIS with 1 Domain --> Reverse Proxy Exchange
5.5.

My boss wants me to add y.com to our system and to be able to recieve

I figure all I need to do is get another static IP and DNS entries
from the Cable company and assign that to the external NIC. correct?

Secondly Can I just put in the Exchange admin an additional SMTP email

Thanks in Advance
Paul

2. perfmon data for MTA Connections not being updated

3. Multiple Sites on Multiple Domain Setup

4. Exchange 5.5, IIS and 'Root' Mailbox

5. How to setup multiple exchange domains on one NT domain

6. MEETING ROOMS

7. Multiple SMTP,POP3 server for multiple Domain ?

8. Getting user details from Exchange

9. E2k SMTP Smarthost/Multiple SMTP Domain ISSUES

10. multiple domain box, multiple domain mail?

11. Multiple Domains/ Multiple domain mailboxes?

12. Exchange 2000 Setup with multiple email domains??

13. setup multiple domains