Exchange 2000 (SBS2000) Performance Optimiser?

Exchange 2000 (SBS2000) Performance Optimiser?

Post by Hade » Thu, 13 Nov 2003 04:09:13

How do you run the equiv of Performance Optimiser on Exchange 5.5 in an
Exchange 2K, Win2K SBS environment?

Am slowly running out of space on a C: drive - and have 101Gb on the D:
drive!!!

Many thanks

Hades

PS - What is the limit with SBS2K?  16Gb still?

Exchange 2000 (SBS2000) Performance Optimiser?

Post by Ted Cormier [MSFT » Thu, 13 Nov 2003 06:09:57

Hello Hades

Check out;
257184 XADM: How to Move Exchange Databases and Logs in Exchange 2000 Server
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=257184

270693 How to Change Database File (.edb and .stm) Locations in Exchange
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=270693

821915 How to Move Exchange Databases and Logs in Exchange Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821915

They have the procedures for the versions.  It real simple.

Hope this helps.

--
Ted Cormier
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
confers no rights

Don't miss out on FREE training at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;pwebcst&expan...

Quote:> How do you run the equiv of Performance Optimiser on Exchange 5.5 in an
> Exchange 2K, Win2K SBS environment?

> Am slowly running out of space on a C: drive - and have 101Gb on the D:
> drive!!!

> Many thanks

> Hades

> PS - What is the limit with SBS2K?  16Gb still?

1. SBS2000/Exchange 2000 Performance

We installed SBS2000 with Exchange 2000 as the only component running. E2K
was configured and everything worked fine for about 1 month.

Subsequently, we configured the ISA server to provide proxy services for the
office. Now, E2K shows severe performance problems - to the extent that one
client is convinced that there is not Exchange server there at all and
another experiences long delays while E2K thinks about responding.

We have applied SP1 for E2K but this does not appear to have made any
difference. We also doubled the memory in the machine from 256MB to 512MB
with a similar lack of difference.

If anyone could suggest what has happened to cause this strange behaviour
and even better, how to fix it, I would be extremely grateful.

TIA

Jamie

2. Mailbox Resources question

3. SMTP queue stuck, Win2000 slowwww!

4. Where's Performance Optimiser?

5. OL98: Office assistants

6. Performance Optimiser

7. Shared calendar example?

8. Is there a Exchange 2000 Optimiser ?

9. Win 98 with Outlook 2000 cannot connect to Exchange 2000 on W2K/SBS2000