New Exchange server suggestions please

Post by istm » Mon, 17 Feb 2003 01:03:43

I would like some suggestions on configuring an Exchange server for my
home.  I have... Windows 2000 Server, Exchange 5.5, DSL with a dynamic
IP, a registered domain name, and a dynamic DNS account through
dyndns.org.  The facility to which I am registered is providing DNS

routed to my ISP mail.

I would like to do one of two things.

Exchange server. (first choice)

2.  Have my Exchange server gather all of my email from my ISP and
place them in my account so I only have to bother with one account.

The first main problem is I do not know how to do either.  Can anyone
offer information or a good place to visit to learn how to do this?  I
would really like to go with option #1.  That way I would have my ISP
forward all other mail to that account until I get rid of it.

New Exchange server suggestions please

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Mon, 17 Feb 2003 01:37:24

Do #1. Since you don't have a static IP, make sure your dyndns account is
being updated with one of the free update services you run on your server.
Have your domain's primary MX record point to youraccount.dyndns.org or
whatever name you chose. Make sure port 25 is open through your firewall
(you *do* have a firewall as well as a router, right?) and that Exchange
responds to a telnet from the outside world. Make sure your recipient policy
is set up properly for your domain, and that all mailboxes have the right
address.

You should also have someone doing mail backup for you in case your
connection is down (not unheard of with dsl, alas). If your ISP won't do
store/forward for you, look at www.zoneedit.com for another option - I think
it's about $20 a year for them to do it, and you just have whomever hosts
your public DNS add in a secondary MX record that points to them.

> I would like some suggestions on configuring an Exchange server for my
> home.  I have... Windows 2000 Server, Exchange 5.5, DSL with a dynamic
> IP, a registered domain name, and a dynamic DNS account through
> dyndns.org.  The facility to which I am registered is providing DNS

> routed to my ISP mail.

> I would like to do one of two things.

> Exchange server. (first choice)

> 2.  Have my Exchange server gather all of my email from my ISP and
> place them in my account so I only have to bother with one account.

> The first main problem is I do not know how to do either.  Can anyone
> offer information or a good place to visit to learn how to do this?  I
> would really like to go with option #1.  That way I would have my ISP
> forward all other mail to that account until I get rid of it.

New Exchange server suggestions please

Post by ISTMA » Mon, 17 Feb 2003 06:46:07

Thanks Lanwench...

Quote:> Do #1. Since you don't have a static IP, make sure your dyndns account is
> being updated with one of the free update services you run on your server.

I am using a Netgear router that has supports dynamic DNS.  It is currently
updating my IP info on dyndns.org.

Quote:> Have your domain's primary MX record point to youraccount.dyndns.org or
> whatever name you chose.

I will have to figure out how to get my domain's primary MX record pointing
to my dyndns.org; as I have never done that before.

Quote:>Make sure port 25 is open through your firewall
> (you *do* have a firewall as well as a router, right?) and that Exchange
> responds to a telnet from the outside world.

Should be easy enough on the Netgear.

Thanks again for the info...  If you wouldn't mind, what do I do to get my
primary MX record pointed correctly and where would it be pointing now?

> Do #1. Since you don't have a static IP, make sure your dyndns account is
> being updated with one of the free update services you run on your server.
> Have your domain's primary MX record point to youraccount.dyndns.org or
> whatever name you chose. Make sure port 25 is open through your firewall
> (you *do* have a firewall as well as a router, right?) and that Exchange
> responds to a telnet from the outside world. Make sure your recipient
policy
> is set up properly for your domain, and that all mailboxes have the right
> address.

> You should also have someone doing mail backup for you in case your
> connection is down (not unheard of with dsl, alas). If your ISP won't do
> store/forward for you, look at www.zoneedit.com for another option - I
think
> it's about $20 a year for them to do it, and you just have whomever hosts
> your public DNS add in a secondary MX record that points to them.

> > I would like some suggestions on configuring an Exchange server for my
> > home.  I have... Windows 2000 Server, Exchange 5.5, DSL with a dynamic
> > IP, a registered domain name, and a dynamic DNS account through
> > dyndns.org.  The facility to which I am registered is providing DNS

> > routed to my ISP mail.

> > I would like to do one of two things.

> > Exchange server. (first choice)

> > 2.  Have my Exchange server gather all of my email from my ISP and
> > place them in my account so I only have to bother with one account.

> > The first main problem is I do not know how to do either.  Can anyone
> > offer information or a good place to visit to learn how to do this?  I
> > would really like to go with option #1.  That way I would have my ISP
> > forward all other mail to that account until I get rid of it.

New Exchange server suggestions please

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Mon, 17 Feb 2003 07:21:08

You're welcome - whomever hosts your domain's public DNS sets this up for
you. Where did you register the domain (through which registrar?)

> Thanks Lanwench...

>> Do #1. Since you don't have a static IP, make sure your dyndns
>> account is being updated with one of the free update services you
>> run on your server.

> I am using a Netgear router that has supports dynamic DNS.  It is
> currently updating my IP info on dyndns.org.

>> Have your domain's primary MX record point to youraccount.dyndns.org
>> or whatever name you chose.

> I will have to figure out how to get my domain's primary MX record
> pointing to my dyndns.org; as I have never done that before.

>> Make sure port 25 is open through your firewall
>> (you *do* have a firewall as well as a router, right?) and that
>> Exchange responds to a telnet from the outside world.

> Should be easy enough on the Netgear.

> Thanks again for the info...  If you wouldn't mind, what do I do to
> get my primary MX record pointed correctly and where would it be
> pointing now?

>> Do #1. Since you don't have a static IP, make sure your dyndns
>> account is being updated with one of the free update services you
>> run on your server. Have your domain's primary MX record point to
>> youraccount.dyndns.org or whatever name you chose. Make sure port 25
>> is open through your firewall (you *do* have a firewall as well as a
>> router, right?) and that Exchange responds to a telnet from the
>> outside world. Make sure your recipient policy is set up properly
>> for your domain, and that all mailboxes have the right address.

>> You should also have someone doing mail backup for you in case your
>> connection is down (not unheard of with dsl, alas). If your ISP
>> won't do store/forward for you, look at www.zoneedit.com for another
>> option - I think it's about $20 a year for them to do it, and you
>> just have whomever hosts your public DNS add in a secondary MX
>> record that points to them.

>>> I would like some suggestions on configuring an Exchange server for
>>> my home.  I have... Windows 2000 Server, Exchange 5.5, DSL with a
>>> dynamic IP, a registered domain name, and a dynamic DNS account
>>> through dyndns.org.  The facility to which I am registered is
>>> providing DNS servers and currently all email sent to

>>> I would like to do one of two things.

>>> Exchange server. (first choice)

>>> 2.  Have my Exchange server gather all of my email from my ISP and
>>> place them in my account so I only have to bother with one account.

>>> The first main problem is I do not know how to do either.  Can
>>> anyone offer information or a good place to visit to learn how to
>>> do this?  I would really like to go with option #1.  That way I
>>> would have my ISP forward all other mail to that account until I
>>> get rid of it.

New Exchange server suggestions please

Post by ISTMA » Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:16:14

dotster.com

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

> You're welcome - whomever hosts your domain's public DNS sets this up for
> you. Where did you register the domain (through which registrar?)

> > Thanks Lanwench...

> >> Do #1. Since you don't have a static IP, make sure your dyndns
> >> account is being updated with one of the free update services you
> >> run on your server.

> > I am using a Netgear router that has supports dynamic DNS.  It is
> > currently updating my IP info on dyndns.org.

> >> Have your domain's primary MX record point to youraccount.dyndns.org
> >> or whatever name you chose.

> > I will have to figure out how to get my domain's primary MX record
> > pointing to my dyndns.org; as I have never done that before.

> >> Make sure port 25 is open through your firewall
> >> (you *do* have a firewall as well as a router, right?) and that
> >> Exchange responds to a telnet from the outside world.

> > Should be easy enough on the Netgear.

> > Thanks again for the info...  If you wouldn't mind, what do I do to
> > get my primary MX record pointed correctly and where would it be
> > pointing now?

> >> Do #1. Since you don't have a static IP, make sure your dyndns
> >> account is being updated with one of the free update services you
> >> run on your server. Have your domain's primary MX record point to
> >> youraccount.dyndns.org or whatever name you chose. Make sure port 25
> >> is open through your firewall (you *do* have a firewall as well as a
> >> router, right?) and that Exchange responds to a telnet from the
> >> outside world. Make sure your recipient policy is set up properly
> >> for your domain, and that all mailboxes have the right address.

> >> You should also have someone doing mail backup for you in case your
> >> connection is down (not unheard of with dsl, alas). If your ISP
> >> won't do store/forward for you, look at www.zoneedit.com for another
> >> option - I think it's about $20 a year for them to do it, and you
> >> just have whomever hosts your public DNS add in a secondary MX
> >> record that points to them.

New Exchange server suggestions please

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:36:58

OK - see if they'll do it or find whomever is authoritative for your domain
and have them do it.

> dotster.com

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

>> You're welcome - whomever hosts your domain's public DNS sets this
>> up for you. Where did you register the domain (through which
>> registrar?)

>>> Thanks Lanwench...

>>> I am using a Netgear router that has supports dynamic DNS.  It is
>>> currently updating my IP info on dyndns.org.

>>> I will have to figure out how to get my domain's primary MX record
>>> pointing to my dyndns.org; as I have never done that before.

>>> Should be easy enough on the Netgear.

>>> Thanks again for the info...  If you wouldn't mind, what do I do to
>>> get my primary MX record pointed correctly and where would it be
>>> pointing now?

New Exchange server suggestions please

Post by istm » Tue, 04 Mar 2003 22:22:19

Hello again,

I was able to update my MX record with my registrar and point it to by
dynamic DNS domain name.  I have installed Exchange 2000 on Windows
2000 Server and have opened port 25 on my firewall.  I can send email
with no problems.  My current issue is receiving email.  There is an

domain.  Approximately 1 out of 5 attempts return the following error:

administrator)

... while talking to fwd.dotster.com.:

This happens from multiple external accounts.(eg. hotmail, ISP web
access, etc.)  Any ideas?  I am not sure if I need to an an MX entry
in my DNS or add an MX record with my Dyndns.org.  Also, I am not sure
if I am using my ISP's SMTP server or DNS to send mail.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.  I'm almost there...

Thanks,
Jason

> OK - see if they'll do it or find whomever is authoritative for your domain
> and have them do it.

> > dotster.com

> > "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

> >> You're welcome - whomever hosts your domain's public DNS sets this
> >> up for you. Where did you register the domain (through which
> >> registrar?)

New Exchange server suggestions please

Post by Ed Crowley [MVP » Wed, 05 Mar 2003 01:26:21

Telnet to port 25 from the Internet and see what server answers.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

> Hello again,

> I was able to update my MX record with my registrar and point it to by
> dynamic DNS domain name.  I have installed Exchange 2000 on Windows
> 2000 Server and have opened port 25 on my firewall.  I can send email
> with no problems.  My current issue is receiving email.  There is an

> domain.  Approximately 1 out of 5 attempts return the following error:

> ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----

> administrator)

>    ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> ... while talking to fwd.dotster.com.:

> This happens from multiple external accounts.(eg. hotmail, ISP web
> access, etc.)  Any ideas?  I am not sure if I need to an an MX entry
> in my DNS or add an MX record with my Dyndns.org.  Also, I am not sure
> if I am using my ISP's SMTP server or DNS to send mail.  Any help
> would be greatly appreciated.  I'm almost there...

> Thanks,
> Jason

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

> > OK - see if they'll do it or find whomever is authoritative for your
domain
> > and have them do it.

> > > dotster.com

> > > "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

New Exchange server suggestions please

Post by ISTMA » Wed, 05 Mar 2003 10:33:47

When I telnet from my computer (behind the firewall) to the internet domain
name, the response is:

220 correctserver.mydomain.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version:
5.0.2195.
5329 ready at  Mon, 3 Mar 2003 20:24:16 -0500

However, I am confident this is because I am not on the other side of the
firewall.  I attempted to connect via a dial up connection and the following
was returned after typing "telnet mydomain.com 25":

220 ********************************2********0*******200****2******0*00

If I type "telnet mydynamicname.gotdns.com 25" the following is returned:

220 correctserver.mydomain.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version:
5.0.2195.
5329 ready at  Mon, 3 Mar 2003 20:24:16 -0500

The account to which my domain name "mydomain.com" is registered also has an
MX record pointing to my dynamic domain name "mydynamicname.gotdns.com".
The dynamic DNS account of course is using my dynamic IP which is updated
automatically my my NAT box.  Looks like there is a problem somewhere?

> Telnet to port 25 from the Internet and see what server answers.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange

> > Hello again,

> > I was able to update my MX record with my registrar and point it to by
> > dynamic DNS domain name.  I have installed Exchange 2000 on Windows
> > 2000 Server and have opened port 25 on my firewall.  I can send email
> > with no problems.  My current issue is receiving email.  There is an

> > domain.  Approximately 1 out of 5 attempts return the following error:

> > ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----

> > administrator)

> >    ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> > ... while talking to fwd.dotster.com.:

> > This happens from multiple external accounts.(eg. hotmail, ISP web
> > access, etc.)  Any ideas?  I am not sure if I need to an an MX entry
> > in my DNS or add an MX record with my Dyndns.org.  Also, I am not sure
> > if I am using my ISP's SMTP server or DNS to send mail.  Any help
> > would be greatly appreciated.  I'm almost there...

> > Thanks,
> > Jason

> > "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

message

> > > OK - see if they'll do it or find whomever is authoritative for your
> domain
> > > and have them do it.

my

New Exchange server suggestions please

Post by ISTMA » Wed, 05 Mar 2003 10:56:16

I was reading on DYNDNS.ORG that I must register at least two of their DNS
servers with my "mydomain.com" registrar.  I have just done so and will
check if it makes a difference.  I am sure it would help if I provided the
domain names but am not confident of all of my security settings.

"ISTMAN" <ist...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> [...]

> > > intermittent problem with sending to u...@mydomain.com from outside my
> > > domain.  Approximately 1 out of 5 attempts return the following error:

> > > ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
> > > <u...@mydomain.com>
> > >     (reason: 550 relaying to <u...@mydomain.com> prohibited by
> > > administrator)

> > >    ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> > > ... while talking to fwd.dotster.com.:
> > > <<< 550 relaying to <u...@mydomain.com> prohibited by administrator
> > > 550 5.1.1 <u...@mydomain.com>... User unknown

> > > This happens from multiple external accounts.(eg. hotmail, ISP web
> > > access, etc.)  Any ideas?  I am not sure if I need to an an MX entry
> > > in my DNS or add an MX record with my Dyndns.org.  Also, I am not sure
> > > if I am using my ISP's SMTP server or DNS to send mail.  Any help
> > > would be greatly appreciated.  I'm almost there...

Post by ISTMA » Wed, 05 Mar 2003 10:59:20

It looks like I may be mistaken.  The required DNS servers were for custom
DNS functionality with DYNDNS.ORG.

> When I telnet from my computer (behind the firewall) to the internet
domain
> name, the response is:

> 220 correctserver.mydomain.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version:
> 5.0.2195.
> 5329 ready at  Mon, 3 Mar 2003 20:24:16 -0500

> However, I am confident this is because I am not on the other side of the
> firewall.  I attempted to connect via a dial up connection and the
following
> was returned after typing "telnet mydomain.com 25":

> 220 ********************************2********0*******200****2******0*00

> If I type "telnet mydynamicname.gotdns.com 25" the following is returned:

> 220 correctserver.mydomain.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version:
> 5.0.2195.
> 5329 ready at  Mon, 3 Mar 2003 20:24:16 -0500

> The account to which my domain name "mydomain.com" is registered also has
an
> MX record pointing to my dynamic domain name "mydynamicname.gotdns.com".
> The dynamic DNS account of course is using my dynamic IP which is updated
> automatically my my NAT box.  Looks like there is a problem somewhere?

> > Telnet to port 25 from the Internet and see what server answers.
> > --
> > Ed Crowley
> > MVP - Exchange
> > "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"

> > > Hello again,

> > > I was able to update my MX record with my registrar and point it to by
> > > dynamic DNS domain name.  I have installed Exchange 2000 on Windows
> > > 2000 Server and have opened port 25 on my firewall.  I can send email
> > > with no problems.  My current issue is receiving email.  There is an

> > > domain.  Approximately 1 out of 5 attempts return the following error:

> > > ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----

> > > administrator)

> > >    ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> > > ... while talking to fwd.dotster.com.:

> > > This happens from multiple external accounts.(eg. hotmail, ISP web
> > > access, etc.)  Any ideas?  I am not sure if I need to an an MX entry
> > > in my DNS or add an MX record with my Dyndns.org.  Also, I am not sure
> > > if I am using my ISP's SMTP server or DNS to send mail.  Any help
> > > would be greatly appreciated.  I'm almost there...

> > > Thanks,
> > > Jason

> > > "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

> message

> > domain

in

> well

> your

sent

> my

> and

New Exchange server suggestions please

Post by Ed Crowley [MVP » Thu, 06 Mar 2003 09:50:46

Turn off mailguard on your Pix firewall.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

> When I telnet from my computer (behind the firewall) to the internet
domain
> name, the response is:

> 220 correctserver.mydomain.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version:
> 5.0.2195.
> 5329 ready at  Mon, 3 Mar 2003 20:24:16 -0500

> However, I am confident this is because I am not on the other side of the
> firewall.  I attempted to connect via a dial up connection and the
following
> was returned after typing "telnet mydomain.com 25":

> 220 ********************************2********0*******200****2******0*00

> If I type "telnet mydynamicname.gotdns.com 25" the following is returned:

> 220 correctserver.mydomain.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version:
> 5.0.2195.
> 5329 ready at  Mon, 3 Mar 2003 20:24:16 -0500

> The account to which my domain name "mydomain.com" is registered also has
an
> MX record pointing to my dynamic domain name "mydynamicname.gotdns.com".
> The dynamic DNS account of course is using my dynamic IP which is updated
> automatically my my NAT box.  Looks like there is a problem somewhere?

> > Telnet to port 25 from the Internet and see what server answers.
> > --
> > Ed Crowley
> > MVP - Exchange
> > "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"

> > > Hello again,

> > > I was able to update my MX record with my registrar and point it to by
> > > dynamic DNS domain name.  I have installed Exchange 2000 on Windows
> > > 2000 Server and have opened port 25 on my firewall.  I can send email
> > > with no problems.  My current issue is receiving email.  There is an

> > > domain.  Approximately 1 out of 5 attempts return the following error:

> > > ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----

> > > administrator)

> > >    ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> > > ... while talking to fwd.dotster.com.:

> > > This happens from multiple external accounts.(eg. hotmail, ISP web
> > > access, etc.)  Any ideas?  I am not sure if I need to an an MX entry
> > > in my DNS or add an MX record with my Dyndns.org.  Also, I am not sure
> > > if I am using my ISP's SMTP server or DNS to send mail.  Any help
> > > would be greatly appreciated.  I'm almost there...

> > > Thanks,
> > > Jason

> > > "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

> message

> > domain

in

> well

> your

sent

> my

> and

New Exchange server suggestions please

Post by istm » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 01:17:20

I do not have a "PIX" firewall; merely a NAT box.

I have made quite a few changes recently though regarding DNS.  I am
now delegating DNS to DYNDNS.ORG.  Now, I do not have a MX record
listed with my registrar nor am I using their DNS servers.  I opened a
Custom DNS account with DYNDNS.ORG for "mydomain.com" and have
confirmed delegation to their servers.  Custom DNS is the same as
their Dynamic DNS service exept I can use "mydomain.com" instead of
myname.gotdns.com.  DYNDNS.ORG states a MX record is not necessary if
the IP associated with "mydomain.com" is also my mail server.
Therefore I did not enter a MX record.  Now when I attempt to send
mail I get the following error:

<u...@mydomin.com>

550 5.1.2 <u...@mydomain.com>... Host unknown (Name server:
mydomain.com.: no data known)

Perhaps I did not wait long enough for DNS to propogate?  I am
hesitant to add a MX record.

By the way... thanks to all for the continued assistance.

Jason

Post by ISTMA » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 07:53:47

I do not have a "PIX" firewall; merely a NAT box.

I have made quite a few changes recently though regarding DNS.  I am
now delegating DNS to DYNDNS.ORG.  I no longer have a MX record
listed with my registrar nor am I using their DNS servers.  I opened a
Custom DNS account with DYNDNS.ORG for "mydomain.com" and have
confirmed delegation to their servers.  Custom DNS is the same as
their Dynamic DNS service exept I can use "mydomain.com" instead of
myname.gotdns.com.  DYNDNS.ORG states a MX record is not necessary if
the IP associated with "mydomain.com" is also my mail server.
Therefore I did not enter a MX record.  Now, after 24 hours, when I telnet
to my domain name I get the following:

220 server.mydomain.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version:5.0.2195.
5329 ready at Wed, 5 Mar 2003 17:51:48 -500.

Looks like the changes made a difference.

By the way... thanks to all for the continued assistance.

Jason

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <cursp...@pacbellnospam.net> wrote in message

> Turn off mailguard on your Pix firewall.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange

> "ISTMAN" <ist...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> > When I telnet from my computer (behind the firewall) to the internet
> domain
> > name, the response is:

> > 220 correctserver.mydomain.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version:
> > 5.0.2195.
> > 5329 ready at  Mon, 3 Mar 2003 20:24:16 -0500

> > However, I am confident this is because I am not on the other side of
the
> > firewall.  I attempted to connect via a dial up connection and the
> following
> > was returned after typing "telnet mydomain.com 25":

> > 220 ********************************2********0*******200****2******0*00

> > If I type "telnet mydynamicname.gotdns.com 25" the following is
returned:

> > 220 correctserver.mydomain.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version:
> > 5.0.2195.
> > 5329 ready at  Mon, 3 Mar 2003 20:24:16 -0500

> > The account to which my domain name "mydomain.com" is registered also
has
> an
> > MX record pointing to my dynamic domain name "mydynamicname.gotdns.com".
> > The dynamic DNS account of course is using my dynamic IP which is
updated
> > automatically my my NAT box.  Looks like there is a problem somewhere?

> > "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <cursp...@pacbellnospam.net> wrote in message
> > > Telnet to port 25 from the Internet and see what server answers.
> > > --
> > > Ed Crowley
> > > MVP - Exchange
> > > "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"

> > > "istman" <ist...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

error:

> > > <lanwe...@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in
> > message
> > > domain

> in
> this

> you

> is

> record

> you
> port
> > well
> from

> > your
ISP
> it,

> server
DSL
DNS
> sent

> > my

ISP
> > and

Can

New Exchange server suggestions please

Post by Ed Crowley [MVP » Sat, 08 Mar 2003 05:31:04

That 220 message looks like it's from a Pix.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

> [...]

> >  following
> > > was returned after typing "telnet mydomain.com 25":

> > > 220

********************************2********0*******200****2******0*00

> > > If I type "telnet mydynamicname.gotdns.com 25" the following is
returned:

> > > 220 correctserver.mydomain.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version:
> > > 5.0.2195.
> > > 5329 ready at  Mon, 3 Mar 2003 20:24:16 -0500

> > > The account to which my domain name "mydomain.com" is registered also
has
> >  an
> > > MX record pointing to my dynamic domain name

"mydynamicname.gotdns.com".

> > > The dynamic DNS account of course is using my dynamic IP which is
updated
> > > automatically my my NAT box.  Looks like there is a problem somewhere?

1. Moving exchange to new server, suggestions wanted.

We are moving our Exchange 5.5 server to a new machine and are looking for
sugestions on the best way to do a transfer of all the data on the old
exchange server to the new one.

Details are greatly welcomed :) and please e-mail a copy of all replies.

Thanks in advance,
James Ramsey
IT Director
Poplar Bluff Internet, Inc

2. forms for online quiz

3. Upgrading Exchange 5.5 Servers to New Hardware....suggestions

4. Routing to internal MX server- can't get there from here?

5. Licence

6. Moving exchange to new server, suggestions wanted.

7. NDR on messages with Attachments

8. Upgrading Exchange 5.5 Servers to New Hardware....suggestions

9. Exchange & POP3 access...Suggestions please

10. Need advice, please on moving Exchange Server to new NT box`

11. Migration of Exchange 5.5 to a new server!!PLEASE HELP