Error 2140 after offline restore

Post by Martin Esch » Thu, 29 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Exchange Server 4.0 SP2:
After a restore of an offline backup, IS wont start again. It quits with
Error 2140. I ran isinteg -pri/ -pub and edbutil /r without errors but after
isinteg -patch I get the message: The private store could not be updated.
Reason : DS_E_COMMUNICATIONS_PROBLEM

Error 2140 after offline restore

Post by Rudy Steyaer » Thu, 29 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Are you sure the directory service is started ?
--
Regards
Rudy Steyaert

Quote:> Exchange Server 4.0 SP2:
> After a restore of an offline backup, IS wont start again. It quits with
> Error 2140. I ran isinteg -pri/ -pub and edbutil /r without errors but after
> isinteg -patch I get the message: The private store could not be updated.
> Reason : DS_E_COMMUNICATIONS_PROBLEM

1. error 2140: an Internal NT error occured

I want to transfer the Exchange server from the old PC to a new one. After I
perform the Q155216 process, the "Microsoft Exchange Event Service" cannot
restart again and the error message "Error 2140: An internal NT error
occured" is displayed, what is the problem??

Thanks,
Michael.

2. OWA Problems

3. Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occurred

4. Automatically forwarding messages

5. Error 2140: Internal Windows NT error

6. Exchange 5.5 Support

7. error 2140: an Internal NT error occured

8. ParseURLA error message

9. HELP!!! Error 2140:Internal error occured

10. Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occurred

11. Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error.....

12. Error 2140 Internal Windows NT Error ( German Version)

13. Error 2140: NT internal error when starting Directory service