Exchange 5.0 won't send outbound messages with attachments

Exchange 5.0 won't send outbound messages with attachments

Post by Scot Desor » Sat, 06 Jun 1998 04:00:00

We have a client using Exchange 5.0 and OL98 clients. They can receive
inbound messages with attachments, but when they try to send outbound
messages with MIME attachments, they sit in the outbound queue on Exchange
with a status of "PENDING".

We have reviewed all of the settings in ExchangeAdmin: Allowing messages to
be sent regardless of size, no destination restrictions, and cannot get
these messages to transmit.  The same message to the same recipient without
an attachment goes out right away. We have stopped and restarted IMS.

Any ideas would be welcomed.

Thanks...

Scot

Exchange 5.0 won't send outbound messages with attachments

Post by Supr » Sat, 06 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hi, Try to remove the IMS, reinstall IMS and Exchange 5.0 service pack.

Quote:>We have a client using Exchange 5.0 and OL98 clients. They can receive
>inbound messages with attachments, but when they try to send outbound
>messages with MIME attachments, they sit in the outbound queue on Exchange
>with a status of "PENDING".

>We have reviewed all of the settings in ExchangeAdmin: Allowing messages to
>be sent regardless of size, no destination restrictions, and cannot get
>these messages to transmit.  The same message to the same recipient without
>an attachment goes out right away. We have stopped and restarted IMS.

>Any ideas would be welcomed.

>Thanks...

>Scot

Exchange 5.0 won't send outbound messages with attachments

Post by Sung S. Chan » Mon, 08 Jun 1998 04:00:00

It's a silly question and I am sure you have it set, but is your IMC
transfer mode set to Inbound and Outbound?
regards,
sung

Quote:>We have a client using Exchange 5.0 and OL98 clients. They can receive
>inbound messages with attachments, but when they try to send outbound
>messages with MIME attachments, they sit in the outbound queue on Exchange
>with a status of "PENDING".

>We have reviewed all of the settings in ExchangeAdmin: Allowing messages to
>be sent regardless of size, no destination restrictions, and cannot get
>these messages to transmit.  The same message to the same recipient without
>an attachment goes out right away. We have stopped and restarted IMS.

>Any ideas would be welcomed.

>Thanks...

>Scot

Exchange 5.0 won't send outbound messages with attachments

Post by Scot Desor » Tue, 09 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Yes, it is.

I had originally deleted the IMS *after* the SBS install. Then reinstalled
it using the wizard. I did not apply the Exchange service pack after
re-installing the IMS. Is this necessary/required?

...Scot

>It's a silly question and I am sure you have it set, but is your IMC
>transfer mode set to Inbound and Outbound?
>regards,
>sung

>>We have a client using Exchange 5.0 and OL98 clients. They can receive
>>inbound messages with attachments, but when they try to send outbound
>>messages with MIME attachments, they sit in the outbound queue on Exchange
>>with a status of "PENDING".

>>We have reviewed all of the settings in ExchangeAdmin: Allowing messages
>>be sent regardless of size, no destination restrictions, and cannot get
>>these messages to transmit.  The same message to the same recipient
without
>>an attachment goes out right away. We have stopped and restarted IMS.

>>Any ideas would be welcomed.

>>Thanks...

>>Scot

1. E-mail Attachments won't open in Exchange 5.0

I can't beleive Exchange 5.0 can't open MIME attachments
that Netscape's been capable of doing for a year or more.
People have been sending us attachments since we've had e-mail.
Now with Exchange we have to tell everyone to send everything
in plain text?!

Have I missed something in the configuration?

Help me if you can.

Thanks
Tim Johnson

2. Attempt to open attachment in OWA fails

3. OWA won't send outbound mail

4. Mailbox Permissions

5. Error 0XC00706FD (Trust Error) during install

6. exchange server 5.0 won't sent mail.

7. Re-directing SMTP addresses

8. Attachments don't have names when sent from Exchange 5.0 SP2

9. OWA won't send attachments

10. Attachments won't send

11. exchange 4.0: messages won't leave my send box