Administrator's Account

Post by Don Adams [MVP-Outlook » Wed, 21 May 1997 04:00:00

Before proceding, read XADM: How to Change the Service Account Password at
http://www.microsoft.com/kb/articles/q157/7/80.htm

Exchange should not have been installed using the Admin account as the
Service Account.  The docs clearly state that you should create a seperate
SERVICE account for this purpose.  Changing the Admin account could have
unpredictable results including locking you out of the system completely.

Don Adams

Quote:> Administrator's Account:

> I have a customer that wants to rename his Admin account to whatever. The
> exchange server was installed under that account. We have add his account
> to the top level and the site name on the tree in exchange admin. Can he
> now delete the admin mail account and rename the admin user account? Then
> create a new mail account on exchange for the renamed admin account.
> --
> Rick Venuto (MVP IIS)

Administrator's Account

Post by Anthon » Wed, 21 May 1997 04:00:00

If all you are doing is renaming the Administrator account in the User
Manager, no action within Exchange should be necessary.  Exchange uses SIDs
internally, so as long as they don't change, you can rename accounts to
your heart's content.
--
Anthony

Quote:> Administrator's Account:

> I have a customer that wants to rename his Admin account to whatever. The
> exchange server was installed under that account. We have add his account
> to the top level and the site name on the tree in exchange admin. Can he
> now delete the admin mail account and rename the admin user account? Then
> create a new mail account on exchange for the renamed admin account.
> --
> Rick Venuto (MVP IIS)

1. Rename System Administrator's account for NDR's

How can I go about re-naming the System Administrator's
account? Whenever a NDR goes to the sender, it is always
from the System Administrator. I would like that to
display differently to the sender. Any ideas on how to
accomplish this?

2. blocking mail??

3. Administrator's Account

4. Undeleting Mailboxes

5. Cannot recover deleted items (Public)

6. Sched.+ to Outlook migration - any issues?

7. Only the Administrator's account has access to OWA.

8. Can't send mail external with administrator account

9. Administrator's Email Account