Exchange database logs

Post by Barr » Sat, 06 Jul 2002 23:37:53

Does anyone know of how to decript the logs that exchange
keeps of the activity that goes on.  They seem to be in a
text file but when you open them they are encripted.

Is there any tools that you can use to open these logs?

Regards

Exchange database logs

Post by Gillie » Sun, 07 Jul 2002 01:18:15

You need to use the "track messages" option located in the Tools menu.

Quote:> Does anyone know of how to decript the logs that exchange
> keeps of the activity that goes on.  They seem to be in a
> text file but when you open them they are encripted.

> Is there any tools that you can use to open these logs?

> Regards

1. Exchange 5.5 database or logs

Event Viewer....Log disk is full.  I check my disk space
and only have 8 MB free.  How do I clean up the database
or log files to free up some space.  The IS won't start,
so people can't get into email and clean them out.
Thanks in advance,
Dave

2. Information Services

3. Exchange logs not getting committed to database

4. Testing Recovery Procedures

5. Logging Exchange IMC traffic to SQL database

6. exchange 5.5 error 1068

7. Exchange 2000 Log files and Database files

8. Hyperlinks not active in email received

9. Help: Email logging in a database

10. Database corrupt and missing log file

11. Logging bounced email in database

12. Database driver and transaction log file drive

13. Log and database location