MSExchangeDSAccess errors

Post by Jose Romer » Thu, 20 Feb 2003 01:01:57

Hello,

I am getting the above error in the event viewer. I have followed the
Microsoft recommendation of making sure the Exchange Enterprise Servers
group has Manage and Auditing and Security Log rights. And I have run the
setup using the /domainprep switch. After I get this error, users start
having permission error, such as not being able to create Public Folders,
and then after that email sending stops. The only thing that fixes this is
running the set up with the /domainprep switch. But I do not want to keep
doing this, Is there any way to fix this?

I am running Exchange 2000 SP3 in a native environment with a single GC.

Any help is appreciated.

MSExchangeDSAccess errors

Post by Melissa Travers [MS » Thu, 20 Feb 2003 06:06:00

You may want to investigate whether you have a policy in place that
overwrites the default domain controller policy.   This would explain why
you need to keep running /domainprep and the rights do not stick.

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

Quote:> Hello,

> I am getting the above error in the event viewer. I have followed the
> Microsoft recommendation of making sure the Exchange Enterprise Servers
> group has Manage and Auditing and Security Log rights. And I have run the
> setup using the /domainprep switch. After I get this error, users start
> having permission error, such as not being able to create Public Folders,
> and then after that email sending stops. The only thing that fixes this is
> running the set up with the /domainprep switch. But I do not want to keep
> doing this, Is there any way to fix this?

> I am running Exchange 2000 SP3 in a native environment with a single GC.

> Any help is appreciated.

MSExchangeDSAccess errors

Post by Stidley, Joe » Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:37:27

Can you be more specific with the errors (Event #, Source and data) you are
recieving in the event log?

> You may want to investigate whether you have a policy in place that
> overwrites the default domain controller policy.   This would explain why
> you need to keep running /domainprep and the rights do not stick.

> --
> Melissa Travers, MCSE
> Microsoft Exchange Support

> Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup
> purposes only.

rights.

> > Hello,

> > I am getting the above error in the event viewer. I have followed the
> > Microsoft recommendation of making sure the Exchange Enterprise Servers
> > group has Manage and Auditing and Security Log rights. And I have run
the
> > setup using the /domainprep switch. After I get this error, users start
> > having permission error, such as not being able to create Public
Folders,
> > and then after that email sending stops. The only thing that fixes this
is
> > running the set up with the /domainprep switch. But I do not want to
keep
> > doing this, Is there any way to fix this?

> > I am running Exchange 2000 SP3 in a native environment with a single GC.

> > Any help is appreciated.

1. MSExchangeDSAccess Error in Application Error Log

I am getting the following error on my Exchange server in
the Event Viewer. I do not know of any issues that is have
attributed to this error, however, it is concerning me
since it is appearing the the error log multiple time, not
daily but a few times a week. The following is the Event
Information:

Source: MSExchangeDSAccess
Category: Topology
Type: Error
Event ID: 2102

Process MAD.EXE (PID=1692). All Domain Controller Servers
in use are not responding: www.test.com

I haven't been able to find anything with information on
this error.

Thank you,
Frank Mirecki, MCSE

2. Where can I find links 2?

3. MSExchangeDSAccess Errors 2075&2064

4. EX2000 to EX2000 Migration Issues

5. MSExchangeDSAccess - Error

6. Read Receipts.

7. MSExchangeDSAccess Error

8. Exchange to MS Mail Advice

9. MSExchangeDSAccess error

10. MSExchangeDSAccess errors.

11. MSExchangeDSAccess errors!!!

12. MSExchangeDSAccess error

13. MSExchangeDSAccess Error - no references in KB