How to add SMTP addresses to Global Address book

How to add SMTP addresses to Global Address book

Post by Robert Carlse » Sun, 20 May 2001 04:35:15

My company has just had a merger and in the short term we have decided to
intgrate the 2 companies global address books before the WAN is up and running.
My company is running Exchange Server 2000 and the parent company is running
Exchange Server 5.5.  I have sent the IT department at the parent company our
contacts and they have sent us theirs.  The problem I am having is because of the
integration of Active Directory and Exchange 2000, I cannot seem to figure out
how to add the parent companies employee's SMTP addresses to our Global Address
book.  I have went into System manager and looked around under the Default Global
Address list, but I cannot find out where to add entries, rather how to find
current mailbox-enabled users in our Active Directory list.  So if anyone has the
answer to this problem it would be of great help if I could recieve this
information.

How to add SMTP addresses to Global Address book

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sun, 20 May 2001 05:53:59

Quote from
http://www.microsoft.com/TechNet/exchange/prodfact/primer.asp

"Contact
A non-security principal that represents a user outside of the organization. A
contact will generally have an e-mail address, facilitating messaging between the
local organization and the remote object. A contact is similar to a custom recipient
in Exchange Server 5.5. "

You have to import their recipients as Contacts into AD.

> My company has just had a merger and in the short term we have decided to
> intgrate the 2 companies global address books before the WAN is up and running.
> My company is running Exchange Server 2000 and the parent company is running
> Exchange Server 5.5.  I have sent the IT department at the parent company our
> contacts and they have sent us theirs.  The problem I am having is because of the
> integration of Active Directory and Exchange 2000, I cannot seem to figure out
> how to add the parent companies employee's SMTP addresses to our Global Address
> book.  I have went into System manager and looked around under the Default Global
> Address list, but I cannot find out where to add entries, rather how to find
> current mailbox-enabled users in our Active Directory list.  So if anyone has the
> answer to this problem it would be of great help if I could recieve this
> information.

1. add SMTP address to global address book

In Exchange 5.5, this was as easy as it sounds, adding a SMTP email address into
the Global Address List without creating a mailbox.  This address could also be
added to distribution lists.  How and where do I add these SMTP email addresses
with Exchange 2000?

We have consultants out in the field who refuse to use the OWA (or the
authentication keeps going in an awful loop with Netscape browsers) so they are
unable to keep up-to-date.  If I enter their 3rd party SMTP address into our
Global Address List, then add those address to our All Staff email group, all
will be well.  Help!  And thanks in advance!

Dave

2. default Bcc

3. Global Address Book, adding non-users SMTP addresses???

4. Multiple Forest Setup

5. How to add external addresses to the Global Address Book

6. Rules Wizard

7. Monitor emial

8. Adding an address book from outlook to the Global address list in exchange

9. Add addresses to global address book

10. How to add external addresses to the Global Address Book

11. Adding addresses to global address book from Outlook

12. How to add SMTP addresses to Global Address list