Restricting ouside e-mail

Post by Dan » Sat, 06 Apr 2002 01:56:40

I have been having trouble restricting the ability of some users to send and
receive outside e-mail.

I thought that if I change the smtp address of a particular user and add
that user to the delivery restrictions of the Internet Mail connector that
would take care of it.

However after testing I was still able to send and receive mail. What
step(s) am I missing?

Restricting ouside e-mail

Post by VS » Mon, 08 Apr 2002 19:08:30

See http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_sec5.htm

Intermedia.NET (VS)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider
Providing expertise in hosting applications
MS Exchange Hosting: http://www.intermedia.net/exchangehosting
Windows 2000 Web Hosting: http://www.intermedia.net/webhosting
For a waiver of the set up fee use "IMFREE" code

Quote:> I have been having trouble restricting the ability of some users to send
and
> receive outside e-mail.

> I thought that if I change the smtp address of a particular user and add
> that user to the delivery restrictions of the Internet Mail connector that
> would take care of it.

> However after testing I was still able to send and receive mail. What
> step(s) am I missing?

1. sending mail to people ouside my domain

Hi all,
I'd like to be able to send mail thru a webpage.
when I try doing this using exchange 4 "smtp" (port 25
on my mail server) in an isapi dll, all messages to
users ouside my domain bounce.
It seems necessary to connect to the mail server using mapi32
with a valid profile name, so I defined a maibox for
IUSR, logged on as IUSR, created a profile and voila, my
mail dll worked - until I logged off.
What's happening is that the profile for IUSR is deleted
as soon as I log off, and therefore I want to know if
it's possible to somehow save it - or, of course if there's
another way to get the mail sending done.

bye!
lein

2. Painless question, honest!

3. SMTP Cannot send ouside my domain

4. GAL Access

5. Restricted inbound SMTP mail to Exchange 5.5 mailing lists

6. .msg file attachments

7. How to restrict users to send mails only to specific e-mail addresses

8. SMTP Problem - Help Please

9. Restricting InBound mail for SMTP Recipients in Internet Mail Connector

10. Restrict Users to Internet Mail but not Internal Mail

11. Restricting internet email messages

12. Restricting Email