Exchange 2000 Log files

Post by Warren Tollma » Wed, 12 Nov 2003 04:24:26

My exchange 2000 log files used up all my hard disk space
Can I get rid of these log files

Exchange 2000 Log files

Post by Susa » Wed, 12 Nov 2003 04:29:56

if you mean transaction log files, the proper way to delete them is by
performing an online backup...do not delete these files manually...they are
needed for database consistency in the event of disaster recovery...

Quote:> My exchange 2000 log files used up all my hard disk space

Post by MVP » Wed, 12 Nov 2003 06:14:19

> if you mean transaction log files, the proper way to delete them is by
> performing an online backup...do not delete these files manually...they
are
> needed for database consistency in the event of disaster recovery...

>> My exchange 2000 log files used up all my hard disk space
>> Can I get rid of these log files

Hi,

another solution is to change the mode of "1st storage group properties" to
"Enable circular logging".
Restart the "information store service"
This can be a solution if you can lose all modifications between two backups

Bye.
--
Thierry DEMAN-BARCEL
MVP Exchange,SQL/Server

Exchange 2000 Log files

Post by Susa » Wed, 12 Nov 2003 06:25:16

that might be a pretty risky thing to do, since apparently no backups have
been taken, recently...  :-)

> > if you mean transaction log files, the proper way to delete them is by
> > performing an online backup...do not delete these files manually...they
> are
> > needed for database consistency in the event of disaster recovery...

> >> My exchange 2000 log files used up all my hard disk space
> >> Can I get rid of these log files
> Hi,

> another solution is to change the mode of "1st storage group properties"
> "Enable circular logging".
> Restart the "information store service"
> This can be a solution if you can lose all modifications between two
backups

> Bye.
> --
> Thierry DEMAN-BARCEL
> MVP Exchange,SQL/Server
> Site personnel: http://webfamilial.dyndns.org/thierry/pageprincipale.htm
> http://tdeman.free.fr/thierry/pageprincipale.htm

1. Exchange 2000 Log files and Database files

Hi
I'm going to install Exchange 2000 on IBM server. I'm planning to have a C
drive (OS) and D drive for exchange server. I read somewhere, that it is
better to keep exchange database and log files in a separate drive. How to
change log file path to a different drive? I know i can change database path
on Mailbox properties and change the path for edb and stm.? Please advise.

Thanks

2. Rename administrator account on NT and Exchange

3. Exchange 2000 - Log File Problem et al

4. HELP! How to get at OST when mailbox is deleted

5. exchange 2000 log files

6. Exchange Exam

7. Exchange 2000 Log Files..... Manual Flush

8. OWA Logoff Screen

9. How to delete Exchange 2000 log files

10. Exchange Server 2000 Transaction log files

11. W3SVC log files and Exchange 2000

12. log file size and names of log files

13. Exchange 2000 (E000XXX.log) file in MDBDATA Folder