Offline OST file

Post by Chris Ketti » Tue, 29 Aug 2000 15:33:00

Hello,

Outlook has the option to make a OST file for offline access to
Exchange data. This OST file is rather large (depending on the amount
off data stored in it) so I think it's more or like a PST file.
However, I'm not able to import this OST file, like a PST file, in
case off dataloss. Anybody knows how to import a OST file??

Thanks,

Chris Ketting

Offline OST file

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Tue, 29 Aug 2000 04:00:00

You do not import that file.
You start OL in offline mode, export mail to .pst and from .pst you move data to
mailbox.

Much better solution would be to restore Exchange databases from backup.

--
If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so.

Kirill

Offline OST file

Post by John Oliver, Jr » Tue, 29 Aug 2000 04:00:00

You can also try http://www.ost2pst.com

> You do not import that file.
> You start OL in offline mode, export mail to .pst and from .pst you move
data to
> mailbox.

> Much better solution would be to restore Exchange databases from backup.

> > Hello,

> > Outlook has the option to make a OST file for offline access to
> > Exchange data. This OST file is rather large (depending on the amount
> > off data stored in it) so I think it's more or like a PST file.
> > However, I'm not able to import this OST file, like a PST file, in
> > case off dataloss. Anybody knows how to import a OST file??

> > Thanks,

> > Chris Ketting

> --
> If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do
so.
> And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

> Kirill

Offline OST file

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Tue, 29 Aug 2000 04:00:00

or
 http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q243/9/28.asp

> You can also try http://www.ost2pst.com

> > You do not import that file.
> > You start OL in offline mode, export mail to .pst and from .pst you move
> data to
> > mailbox.

> > Much better solution would be to restore Exchange databases from backup.

> > > Hello,

> > > Outlook has the option to make a OST file for offline access to
> > > Exchange data. This OST file is rather large (depending on the amount
> > > off data stored in it) so I think it's more or like a PST file.
> > > However, I'm not able to import this OST file, like a PST file, in
> > > case off dataloss. Anybody knows how to import a OST file??

> > > Thanks,

> > > Chris Ketting

> > --
> > If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do
> so.
> > And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

> > Kirill

group).

Kirill

1. Recovery of Offline OST files

We have just had to reinstall Exchange Server 5.0 due to a system problem.
The server mailboxes were not backed up and I had hoped to recover users
mail from their local OST files. I have managed to recover most of them this
way, but several users have managed to invalidate their OST files by logging
on to the new server before the contents of their OST files were copied
offline and now they get an error message something like:

Cannot be accessed because it has been configured for use with a different
mailbox.

Is there ANY way to recover the contents of these OST files?

Alan

Please reply by email
Please reply by email
Please reply by email

2. forward email to internet address

3. IS service will not start after online restore

4. Security of offline folder file (.ost file)??

5. Schedule+ with ACT! 3.0

6. Unable to open MS Exchange Offline Storage (OST) file

7. Custom Recipients

8. Offline Folders - OST Files

9. Unable to open MS Exchange Offline Storage (OST) file

10. offline storage file .ost

11. Unable to open MS Exchange Offline Storage (OST) file

12. Outlook 98 and ost offline file locks in sync of sent items