Adjust standard message in MTA properties when message size has been reached

Adjust standard message in MTA properties when message size has been reached

Post by Peter Siem » Wed, 30 Oct 2002 22:09:12

Hi Al,

We have a Exchange 5.5 Sp4 enviorment. And we have used the option
Message Size limit in the MTA properties. (e.g. 1 Mb.)
When somebody is sending a e-mail larger than 1 Mb. a standard message
will be sended back towards the e-mail sender. This message is a bit
difficult to read for out customers.
Can this message be alterd so everybody can read that he/she have
sended a to large e-mail?

Best Regards,
Peter Siemes

Adjust standard message in MTA properties when message size has been reached

Post by Andy David [MVP » Thu, 31 Oct 2002 00:29:44

Sorry. No.

Quote:> Hi Al,

> We have a Exchange 5.5 Sp4 enviorment. And we have used the option
> Message Size limit in the MTA properties. (e.g. 1 Mb.)
> When somebody is sending a e-mail larger than 1 Mb. a standard message
> will be sended back towards the e-mail sender. This message is a bit
> difficult to read for out customers.
> Can this message be alterd so everybody can read that he/she have
> sended a to large e-mail?

> Best Regards,
> Peter Siemes

1. Adjusting Exchange 5.5 MTA-Properties

Hello,

we have one Exchange 5.5 Server who functions as a X.400-gateway to our
organisation. This server forwards incoming X.400 mails to our  smtp-gateway
which delivers them to the the servers of our organisation. Users complained
that sometimes mails arrive too late. I investigated the trackin.log-files
of the X.400-gateway and found that mails (especially on weekends when there
is not much traffic), are accepted, but reside on the X.400-gateway until
there are 16-17 mails in a whole. When that quantity of mails is achieved,
they are beeing forwarded. During the week those mails get transmitted
almost without delay. I "rtfm" but did not find a hint which adjustment I
could make to persuade that server to deliver mails directly after they
arrived.

Any ideas...?

2. NNTP Service

3. Exchange Standard Size reached nearly 16GB

4. Undisclosed Recipient List

5. Message Store has reached 16 gig max size.

6. DC

7. Customize Message when mailbox size limit is reached?

8. sending and receiving S/MIME encrypted messages inside a dotnet-application

9. Delivery error message: Your message did not reach the intended recipient

10. changing the Message Size Limit on the MTA

11. Limiting size of messages on MTA

12. MTA Redirect Recipent Based on Message Size