Best Anti-Virus Software for Outlook/Exchange?

Post by Peter » Thu, 31 Aug 2000 04:00:00

 Best  Anti-Virus Software for Outlook/Exchange?

What is the best corporate Anti-Virus software that provides excellent
integration with Microsoft Outlook/Exchange Server 5.5??

We need an anti-virus software package that can trap viruses with
attachments whether received via our internal email or via external
email. All PC's are running Outlook 98. Exchange 5.5 is run at multiple
sites around the country.

We have one well known  package that appears to let viruses through
which may be caused either by the package itself, the fact that we have
high traffic via our email servers at time, or other unknown reasons.

The package we have now, will detach the email attachment, scan it and
rename it (different extension) where possible so that a user cannot
run it.
We have found this software to be problematic and at times it may not
catch the first virus that comes through but then will catch the next
one, even though it is the same as the first.

We are an NT shop.

Furthermore, are there any packages (integrated or separate) that can
filter questionable email content??

Our main push is for an industrial strength anti-virus package that
integrates very well with Outlookl/Exchange. We do deploy at the server
level and at the workstation level.

Thanks for any recommendations, reason why, support you have received
from the vendor, and crucial technical questions to ask the vendor when
we meet them face to face, etc...

Sincerely, Peter

--
FROM THE AUTHOR OF THIS MESSAGE:
TO HELP YOUR INTERNET SURFING

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Just read recent posts in this newsgroup (or search them at www.deja.com
usenet).

--
If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so
(in group).

Kirill

1. Best Anti-Virus Software for Outlook/Exchange?

[...]

2. Forwarding to External Mail

3. Looking for good Exchange 5.5 Anti-Virus Software

4. Error while installing Exchange Server 5.5 - Urgent

5. Best anti-virus software for Exchange-5.5?

6. Dynamic RAS Connector

7. Looking for good Exchange 5.5 Anti-Virus Software

8. taking copies of all in&outbound messages

9. Best Anti Virus software for Exchange 2000???

10. Best anti-virus software?

11. Cost Effective Anti-Virus Software for MS Exchange 2000 Server

12. Anti Virus Software for Exchange 2000

13. Favourite Anti-Virus Software for Exchange Server