MS Exchnng security errors

Post by G » Mon, 28 Jul 1997 04:00:00

    I am running exchange 4 with NT 4.0 . The problem is that Exchange
is writing to
the application log 6 to 7 times per second with the same 2 errors 3161
and 9297.
I believe that this is causing the server to be unavailable on the
network.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Robert G

MS Exchnng security errors

Post by Rich Matheis » Mon, 28 Jul 1997 04:00:00

>    I am running exchange 4 with NT 4.0 . The problem is that Exchange
>is writing to
>the application log 6 to 7 times per second with the same 2 errors 3161
>and 9297.
>I believe that this is causing the server to be unavailable on the
>network.
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fix the permissions problem with your service account. Check MS KB
articles Q152624 and Q154298.
Richard Matheisen                             Wang Laboratories
Microsoft Certified System Engineer           Tewksbury, MA