event log actual msg

Post by Georg » Wed, 20 Jun 2001 10:59:09

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeSA
Event Category: MAPI Session
Event ID: 9175
Date:  6/18/2001
Time:  8:38:25 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: THE-HOST
The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available.  Either there are
network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for
maintenance.
The MAPI provider failed.
Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
ID no: 8004011d-0526-00000000

1. Event ID 9405 Msg logged in event Viewer App Log

Can anyone please help me with this:
I have an Exchange 5.5/Sp5 server running on Windows NT 4/sp5

Recently, the following events have been logged on our Exchange 5.5/Sp5
server's Event Viewer:

Event ID: 9405
Source: MSExchangeMTA
Type: Error
Category: Field Engineering

An unexpected error has occurred which may cause the MTA to terminate.
Error: Double acquire of semaphore 2685
. [BASE XFER-IN 14] (16)

The MTA does not stop and we haven't experienced any other problems with our
email server (As far as I am aware).

I have searched Technet to no avail. Anyone have any ideas what is causing
this message?

Many thanks in advance

Kevin C

2. Exchange 5.5 with VERITAS Backup Exec

3. Event Log error msg

4. Automatically Compressing .PST's

5. Master Browser msg in event log ??

6. Move mailbox doesn't work

7. Event ID 1000 Is Logged in the Application Event Log

8. || Can mail on exchange server be indexed?

9. *.msg.msg or *.msg attachments

10. Error Msg: You do not have permission to log on

11. Active Server Page Error Event 9 in Event Log --when trying to access Outlook web access

12. Event 9302 is filling my Event Log

13. SSL Error in the Application Event Log- Event ID 36871