Outlook Web Access not working after Security update

Outlook Web Access not working after Security update

Post by Tom Saunder » Fri, 08 Aug 2003 01:55:41

We are running exchange 5.5 sp4 on NT4.0 sp6a. After updating to the
latest security patches last night Outlook Web access no longer works.
It is possible to get to the logon page, after entering in the username,
the popup authentication window appears. After authentication the
browser goes to a HTTP 500 Internal server error. The Page cannot be
displayed. Has anybody seen this problem before?

1. Outlook Web Access Not Working Correctly

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem, and maybe have found
a solution.

I am running Exchange 5.0 with SP1 installed (Latest Release)

The Outlook ASP page does not not work correct. What I'm experiencing is
below.

If Im in the INBOX, I can veiw new messages just fine. If I switch to
another folder, I see the folder in the left pane, but still see the
messages in the INBOX. its like it goes to the folder, but does not pull the
contents of that folder, just shows what it had "cached" from the INBOX.

I have also experienced where I go to another folder, and then go one more
folder level down. When I do this, the right pane now shows messages in
current folder, not the INBOX, as in above description.

The last variation of this problem is where I go to another first level
folder, and I DO get a view in the right pane of the contents. However, if I
go to other folders, including INBOX, now all I see is the contents of the
folder I was viewing in the right pane.

All MS came up with was to reapply SP1, which I did a couple times. Most
recently, with the latest SP1 release in the April Technet. This has had no
affect.

Any help would be appriciated, as this is going to drive me into a straight
jacket soon!! :)

Drew Sanders
Senior Systems Admin.
Allpak Container, Inc.

2. Purge deleted folders on Exchange 5.5

3. Outlook Web Access works to E5.5 but not E2K

4. (New Problem) Exchange Admin Can't Read User Mail Boxes

5. Outlook Web Access Not Working outside Firewall

6. Sending e-mails outside of the office

7. Outlook Web Access works with Netscape not IE

8. EXCH 2000: inbound domain

9. Outlook Web Access - NOT WORKING??? =(

10. Outlook Web Access not working

11. Outlook Web Access PERSONAL Contacts not working

12. Outlook Web Access not Working

13. Outlook Web Access not working after upgrade