Problems with Missing Contacts in Outlook

Problems with Missing Contacts in Outlook

Post by Jerr » Wed, 30 Apr 2003 19:53:12

Using MS Exchange 5.5, Outlook 2000 (SP3)
Users are setting permissions to allow secretary to add contacts. Secretary adds a contact, it is visible to user but not secretary. Secretary has been given owner rights to make sure this is not an issue.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? or need more info?

Thanks in advance.

Problems with Missing Contacts in Outlook

Post by Susa » Thu, 01 May 2003 02:56:45

are the contacts marked "private"?

Quote:> Using MS Exchange 5.5, Outlook 2000 (SP3)
> Users are setting permissions to allow secretary to add contacts.

Secretary adds a contact, it is visible to user but not secretary. Secretary
has been given owner rights to make sure this is not an issue.
Quote:

> Does anyone have a solution to this problem? or need more info?

> Thanks in advance.

Problems with Missing Contacts in Outlook

Post by Jerr » Sun, 04 May 2003 00:28:02

Yes they are. But they do not get marked private
deliberately. They become marked private only when
the 'non-owner' creates them. I have checked the 'make
private visible' option in outlook 2000, but would like
to fix the underlying problem of unwanted marking.

So... I think I am 2/3 the way there. Thanks for your
clue. If anyone else can help that would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks

Quote:>has been given owner rights to make sure this is not an
issue.

>> Does anyone have a solution to this problem? or need
more info?

>> Thanks in advance.

>.

Problems with Missing Contacts in Outlook

Post by Susa » Wed, 07 May 2003 00:20:16

I've never experienced this...normally, contacts must actively be marked
private...

> Yes they are. But they do not get marked private
> deliberately. They become marked private only when
> the 'non-owner' creates them. I have checked the 'make
> private visible' option in outlook 2000, but would like
> to fix the underlying problem of unwanted marking.

> So... I think I am 2/3 the way there. Thanks for your
> clue. If anyone else can help that would be greatly
> appreciated.

> Thanks

1. Missing Contacts from Outlook 2000

Hello,

Can someone help me. A user came in this morning, loged on
to the network and started Microsoft Outlook 2000 to
discover all of their contacts where missing - gone!
Nothing! With seemingly no explanation as to why.

I have looked at the deleted items, checked all sub-
folders, everywhere I can think of looking, and nothing.

Could someone please help with a possible explanation as
to the cause of this phenomenon and possible solution (if
any).

Thanks.

2. How to Create Rules on Exchange Server

3. Contact created in OWA 5.5 is missing in Outlook 2000

4. Mailbox Migration

5. outlook 2000 contact activity public folder problem

6. Exchange 5.5 NT4.0 or Windows2000

7. Outlook web access Contacts folder problems

8. NT accounts

9. Outlook Web Access contacts problem

10. Contacts problem in OWA (Outlook Web Access)

11. outlook 2000 contact activity public folder problem

12. Problem viewing multiple Contact folders in Outlook Web Access