MSExchange 5.5 / Relay problem

Post by <i.. » Tue, 11 Jul 2000 04:00:00

My clients use e few different methods to connect to the Exchange server.
This means that different IP-addresses need to connect to ES. The version is
Exchange 5.5 and servicepack 3 for MSExchange is installed.  WinNT is
configured with SP6a.

Question:  How do i prevent unallowed relay (SPAM RELAY)?

Please reply in these newsgroups...

Michel Schuurman

MSExchange 5.5 / Relay problem

Post by Dustin Ballantin » Tue, 11 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Go to the IMS props, Routing Tab and click on the Routing Restrictions
button.  Select Hosts and Clients that Successfully Authenticate and stop
and start the IMS.  This way, only your users that authenticate will be able
to relay, all others will get a 550 relaying is denied error.  PS-Make sure
your users configure their outgoing mail server to use authentication in
their POP3/IMAP4 client configurations.  In Outlook and Outlook Express, I
believe the check box reads "My Outgoing mail server requires
authentication", or something like that.....

L8tr.....Dustin

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Tue, 11 Jul 2000 04:00:00

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/exchange/relay.asp

> My clients use e few different methods to connect to the Exchange server.
> This means that different IP-addresses need to connect to ES. The version is
> Exchange 5.5 and servicepack 3 for MSExchange is installed.  WinNT is
> configured with SP6a.

> Question:  How do i prevent unallowed relay (SPAM RELAY)?

> Please reply in these newsgroups...

> Michel Schuurman

group).

Kirill

1. MSExchange 5.5 / Relay problem

My clients use e few different methods to connect to the Exchange server.
This means that different IP-addresses need to connect to ES. The version is
Exchange 5.5 and servicepack 3 for MSExchange is installed.  WinNT is
configured with SP6a.

Question:  How do i prevent unallowed relay (SPAM RELAY)?

Please reply in these newsgroups...

Michel Schuurman

2. DC and LDAP server

3. newbie: IMS installation

4. OWA Password problem

5. Upgrade from MSExchange 5.5 Standard version to MSExchange 5.5 Enterprise version

6. Exchange 5.5 SP1

7. Anti Relay in MSExchange 5.5

8. ! How to secure open relay in MSExchange 5.0?

9. MSExchange.ACLObject and MSExchange.ACE Wrong ProgID

10. Autoprint of MSExchange 5.0/5.5