logon credentials supplied were incorrect

logon credentials supplied were incorrect

Post by David Maximof » Wed, 31 May 2000 04:00:00

I'm running NT4 SP5 with Exchange 5.5 SP3.  We had a power out and the UPS
software didn't shut the email server down correctly.  Now the email server
is running and I can send/receive emails no problem if I am logged into the
network.  If I try to access the Exchange server with a dial up connection
it says "logon credentials supplied were incorrect" after asking me for my
user name, domain name and password.  I don't get any errors in the Event
Log.
My clients are Windows 98 with Outlook 2000 *NOT* running SP1 or SP1a for
Office.

Thanks for the help!
Dave

logon credentials supplied were incorrect

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Thu, 01 Jun 2000 04:00:00

What services you have in your mail profile when accessing server via RAS?

> I'm running NT4 SP5 with Exchange 5.5 SP3.  We had a power out and the UPS
> software didn't shut the email server down correctly.  Now the email server
> is running and I can send/receive emails no problem if I am logged into the
> network.  If I try to access the Exchange server with a dial up connection
> it says "logon credentials supplied were incorrect" after asking me for my
> user name, domain name and password.  I don't get any errors in the Event
> Log.
> My clients are Windows 98 with Outlook 2000 *NOT* running SP1 or SP1a for
> Office.

> Thanks for the help!
> Dave

group).

Kirill

1. Logon credentials supplied were incorrect error

I have one user that gets the error "The logon credentials
supplied were incorrect. Make sure your username and
domain are correct, then type your password again." when
trying to get connect to the Exchange 2000 server remotely.

All other users are working fine and can get connected
using the same methods.  I have set the user up on a
laptop that I use.  I can get into the Exchange and get my
e-mail downloaded to Outlook.  However, this other user
can not.

I have looked up the message on the Microsoft
Knowledgebase and check the setting described in Article
3221652.  There was no changes that needed to be made.

Any suggestions on what could be causing this and how to
resolve it?

Thanks,
Tracy

2. Double booking of resources

3. In Outlook the server complains that the logon credentials supplied were incorrect

4. Help me!!!!!!

5. logon credentials supplied are incorrect

6. Information Store Causes Access Violation

7. Logon Credentials Supplied Incorrect

8. Out of Office and Mailing Lists

9. HELP - Logon Credentials incorrect error From Non Domain PC

10. Incorrect logon credentials

11. logon credentials incorrect

12. Logon Credentials Incorrect: Help!

13. Logon Credentials Incorrect