Catch-All does not work when using smarthosts (Exchange Server 2000)

Catch-All does not work when using smarthosts (Exchange Server 2000)

Post by Martin Leuke » Mon, 09 Dec 2002 19:21:29

Hi there,

I have installed a Catch-All-Account using this How-To:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315631

For itself, this works great. But the problem is that I have to use a
Smarthost do send mail on my dial-up-account.
In the configuration I have set up two virtual SMTP Servers as shown
in the How-To. This default virtual SMTP-Server forwards every mail
with unresolved recipient to the second SMTP-Server, which replaces
all the unresolved recipents by the adress of my catch-all-sink.

When I set a smarthost for the default virtual SMTP-Server, all Mails
are forwarded to the smarthost, so the catch-all-sink does not work.

Does anyone has an idea how to solve this problem?
Many thanks in advance,
yours sincerly,

Martin

Catch-All does not work when using smarthosts (Exchange Server 2000)

Post by AI » Tue, 10 Dec 2002 00:00:38

Hello,

Please check if "XFOR: "Forward All Mail with Unresolved Recipients" Feature
Does Not Work to All Hosts' at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q278529 helps.

Regards,
Intermedia.NET (AI)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider
Providing expertise in hosting applications
MS Exchange Hosting: http://www.intermedia.net/exchangehosting
Windows 2000 Web Hosting:  http://www.intermedia.net/webhosting
For a waiver of the set up fee use "IMFREE" code

Quote:> Hi there,

> I have installed a Catch-All-Account using this How-To:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315631

> For itself, this works great. But the problem is that I have to use a
> Smarthost do send mail on my dial-up-account.
> In the configuration I have set up two virtual SMTP Servers as shown
> in the How-To. This default virtual SMTP-Server forwards every mail
> with unresolved recipient to the second SMTP-Server, which replaces
> all the unresolved recipents by the adress of my catch-all-sink.

> When I set a smarthost for the default virtual SMTP-Server, all Mails
> are forwarded to the smarthost, so the catch-all-sink does not work.

> Does anyone has an idea how to solve this problem?
> Many thanks in advance,
> yours sincerly,

> Martin

Catch-All does not work when using smarthosts (Exchange Server 2000)

Post by Martin Leuke » Tue, 10 Dec 2002 06:30:51

Quote:> Please check if "XFOR: "Forward All Mail with Unresolved Recipients" Feature
> Does Not Work to All Hosts' at
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q278529 helps.

No, this didn't solve the problem, the file mentioned has the correct
version number. Also service pack 3 is installed.

yours sincerly,

Martin