Address book views

Post by Peyman Moghadda » Fri, 26 May 2000 04:00:00

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After installing exchange, it appears that by default the "site name (/OU)"
is showing up under the address book views in the outlook client program.
However, it does not show under the "address book views" in exchange admin.
program. How do I remove the site name (or /OU) from showing up in the
address book views in the client's outlook program.

Address book views

Post by Tony » Sat, 27 May 2000 04:00:00

You can't... it's by design. That's why it's important to when choosing the
name of your Site
--
Tony Woods MCP,CNA
Microserve Business Computer Solutions

> HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> After installing exchange, it appears that by default the "site name
(/OU)"
> is showing up under the address book views in the outlook client program.
> However, it does not show under the "address book views" in exchange
admin.
> program. How do I remove the site name (or /OU) from showing up in the
> address book views in the client's outlook program.

Address book views

Post by John Wollne » Sat, 27 May 2000 04:00:00

This is not possible as far as I know.  I would nearly sell my soul to be
able to do it.

> HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> After installing exchange, it appears that by default the "site name
(/OU)"
> is showing up under the address book views in the outlook client program.
> However, it does not show under the "address book views" in exchange
admin.
> program. How do I remove the site name (or /OU) from showing up in the
> address book views in the client's outlook program.

1. Address Book Views and Offline Address Book

We have set up several servers with Address Book views in our organisation
and also genrate an offline address book.

The OAB genrates trouble free but when the clients try to download it, it is
not visible in the list.
We have tried this on a different server without Address Book Views and the
clients have no problem in finding the OAB.

Just wondered if anyone has fought with this problem before.

Much obliged

s i m o n   w a l s h

2. restricting certain file attachments

3. Offline Address Book and Address Book Views problems

4. Cannot Edit Addresses

5. Help with Offline Address Books and Address Book Views please

6. Does exchange need to be in a domain or act as a controller?

7. Using Outlook Contacts as Address Book in Address Book View

8. Exchange mailbox backup problem?

9. How to add address book view with a customized sorted view

10. Sudden problems viewing Outlook Contacts in address book view

11. Address Book View - Binding To

12. *** Question: Address Book Views ***

13. Address books view