Setup of OWA using SSL on Exchange 2000, Windows 2000

Setup of OWA using SSL on Exchange 2000, Windows 2000

Post by Eric Charpentie » Fri, 17 Aug 2001 01:10:37

Hi all, I've been trying to setup SSL on a Wndows 2000 server with IIS 5.0
and Exchange 2000.

So far, I haven't even been able to get the SSL enabled websites to work.

Heres the problem:

I have installed Certificate server and thus created a certificate.

I have created a website for OWA.

On this website I have imported the certificate that I made under the
Certificate installation. And then I have chosen to SSL enable this site.

From what I understand, this very simple procedure should do it.

However I get the following problems:

When sufring to the site using http:// I get a message that says: You have
to use https:// to get to browse this site (or something similar).

This is good and perfectly in order.

However, when switching to https:// all I get is " This page can not be
displayed" ???

I have NOT enabled 128 bit crypto.

Does anyone have any pointers on what could be wrong here ?

Thanks a lot,

Eric