Public folder sending notification of new mail

Public folder sending notification of new mail

Post by Rob Buny » Sat, 08 Apr 2000 04:00:00

        I thought there was a way to setup a public folder to notify a
user or group of users whenever a new message is posted to a public
folder. I can't seem to find where to set it up. Am I going crazy or
blind?

Thanks

Oh, yeah - Exchange 5.5 SP2, outlook 98

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Sat, 08 Apr 2000 04:00:00

>    I thought there was a way to setup a public folder to notify a
>user or group of users whenever a new message is posted to a public
>folder. I can't seem to find where to set it up. Am I going crazy or
>blind?

Drag the PF into the Favorites container and drop it there.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Public folder sending notification of new mail

Post by Rob Buny » Sat, 08 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Will that automatically notify a distribution group list that a new
item has been posted in the public folder?
Quote:>Drag the PF into the Favorites container and drop it there.

>------------------
>Rich Matheisen
>MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
>MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

Public folder sending notification of new mail

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Sat, 08 Apr 2000 04:00:00

>Will that automatically notify a distribution group list that a new
>item has been posted in the public folder?

Was that your original question? The answer is no. It will act in the
same fashion as a Mailbox folder -- the unread count is visible. This
count, BTW, is maintained "per user" not "per group".

If you want some action to take place when something happens in the
folder then you can try using a Folder Assistant or an event script.

Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP