Installing OWA on a Separate Box

Post by Rob » Sat, 04 Jan 2003 03:55:57

I'm Exchange 5.5 certified but Exchange 2000 is so totally different that
I'd like a little advice before beginning.

I want to install OWA on an external IIS 5 server.  Is there a whitepaper on
this topic or can I just run Setup and install it (like Exchange 5.5)?

Rob

Post by MV » Sat, 04 Jan 2003 04:25:59

>I'm Exchange 5.5 certified but Exchange 2000 is so totally different that
>I'd like a little advice before beginning.

>I want to install OWA on an external IIS 5 server.  Is there a whitepaper on
>this topic or can I just run Setup and install it (like Exchange 5.5)?

>Rob

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/pr...
is a good place to kick off.

http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm

Installing OWA on a Separate Box

Post by Rob » Sat, 04 Jan 2003 12:21:14

Wow!  That's a lot of data!  Thanks for the reference.

It looks like I'll be a couple of days on reading up on it.

I did try running Exchange 2000 setup on the new IIS box but it didnt have
OWA like Exchange 5.5 did.

Thanks,
Rob

> >I'm Exchange 5.5 certified but Exchange 2000 is so totally different that
> >I'd like a little advice before beginning.

> >I want to install OWA on an external IIS 5 server.  Is there a whitepaper
on
> >this topic or can I just run Setup and install it (like Exchange 5.5)?

> >Rob

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/pr...
ol/exchange/exchange2000/reskit/part5/c25owa.asp
> is a good place to kick off.

> FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm &
> http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm

Installing OWA on a Separate Box

Post by Rob » Sat, 04 Jan 2003 12:32:44

Oh I see.  In other words, it really can't be done.

I'll be glad when .NET comes out.  Maybe it will be as versatile as Windows
NT 4 was.

Naaaaa!

Rob