different organizations

Post by Chris Scharf » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>The problem comes when microsoft say that all of the clients must be
reinstall
>in order to recognize the new organization, taking into account

Not sure where you read or heard that. Reinstalled? No, you must re-resolve
the user's mailbox in their profile (assuming you use the same server name)
if you use a different server name, you'll need to add it in as well. You
may also have some issues with personal address book entries for users on
the server, and users with OAB files will probably need to delete them and
recreate them. All in all it won't be pretty but there is nothing about
switch Exchange servers or Orgs which requires the reinstallation of an
Outlook client. (modification definitely)

Chris Scharff
Exchange Administrator
BV Solutions Group

#include std_disclaim.h

different organizations

Post by ngua hoan » Sat, 23 Jan 1999 04:00:00

yup!  I agree on this as well.  Reinstall all client?  I don't think so.

Quote:>>The problem comes when microsoft say that all of the clients must be
>reinstall
>>in order to recognize the new organization, taking into account

>Not sure where you read or heard that. Reinstalled? No, you must re-resolve
>the user's mailbox in their profile (assuming you use the same server name)
>if you use a different server name, you'll need to add it in as well. You
>may also have some issues with personal address book entries for users on
>the server, and users with OAB files will probably need to delete them and
>recreate them. All in all it won't be pretty but there is nothing about
>switch Exchange servers or Orgs which requires the reinstallation of an
>Outlook client. (modification definitely)

>Chris Scharff
>Exchange Administrator
>BV Solutions Group

>#include std_disclaim.h

different organizations

Post by JLElliot » Sat, 23 Jan 1999 04:00:00

You need to delete any .ost files (they are no longer valid, and update the
Exchange Server properties -- server name/mailbox name).