Multiple address book question

Post by NT Gu » Sat, 01 Aug 1998 04:00:00

An Outlook client who remotely synchronizes gets a choice of two address
books (as we have cc:Mail & Exchange (5.5) here)one of which is 'recipients'
and the other is named 'ccMail'.  Although Exchange synchronizes w/ ccMail
so that when you go into an admin view of ccMail you see the Exchange
people's names and the mail gets forwarded appropriately, if that address
book is downloaded the Exchange people don't show up.  If the 'recipients'
address book is downloaded afterwards then it overwrites the existing
address book (no matter which order you do this in) and ofcourse the
'recipients' book doesn't have the Exchange people (which makes sense to me
'cause an Admin view of Exchange does not show any ccMail people).

So, what do you think? Besides simply getting rid of ccMail right now and
moving everyone to Exchange (we're working on it, I promise). How can get
one (or atleast more than one type on his profile) address book that
includes everyone?

TIA,

--

(remove 'xxx' & spaces to e-mail)

[...]

Post by Scott Schindle » Sun, 02 Aug 1998 04:00:00

When you generate an offline address book, you select from which container
to generate it.

Instead of using a recipient container, choose the GAL.