Priv.edb too big

Post by Grasso Antoni » Tue, 15 Oct 2002 23:14:02

Hi at all!
I have a problem (I think a virus) with Exchange Server 5.5. SP4.
I have the "priv.edb" file that is too big and I don't have any space on the
disk. So the "Microsof Internet Mail service" and "MTA service" don't start.
I deleted some files on the disk to have 10 Mb free and I started the
Exchanges services. But immediately I had a lot of strange messages in
"outbout" and the "priv.edb" increased faster.

Could you help me, please ?

Regards,
Antonio Grasso

Priv.edb too big

Post by Sam » Tue, 15 Oct 2002 23:43:04

Hi, Grasso

Have you updated your I.E.6.0 with sp6  and Exchange Server 5.5 sp3 already?

Best regards,
Sam Wu.

Quote:> Hi at all!
> I have a problem (I think a virus) with Exchange Server 5.5. SP4.
> I have the "priv.edb" file that is too big and I don't have any space on
the
> disk. So the "Microsof Internet Mail service" and "MTA service" don't
start.
> I deleted some files on the disk to have 10 Mb free and I started the
> Exchanges services. But immediately I had a lot of strange messages in
> "outbout" and the "priv.edb" increased faster.

> Could you help me, please ?

> Regards,
> Antonio Grasso

Priv.edb too big

Post by Sam W » Wed, 16 Oct 2002 00:39:30

IE6 has nothing to do with it, and his Exchange is SP4
already, not SP3.  Reread the msg.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi, Grasso

>Have you updated your I.E.6.0 with sp6  and Exchange

Server 5.5 sp3 already?

>Best regards,
>Sam Wu.

???g??ls?D

>> Hi at all!
>> I have a problem (I think a virus) with Exchange Server
5.5. SP4.
>> I have the "priv.edb" file that is too big and I don't
have any space on
>the
>> disk. So the "Microsof Internet Mail service" and "MTA
service" don't
>start.
>> I deleted some files on the disk to have 10 Mb free and
I started the
>> Exchanges services. But immediately I had a lot of
strange messages in
>> "outbout" and the "priv.edb" increased faster.

>> Could you help me, please ?

>> Regards,
>> Antonio Grasso

>.

1. Priv.edb too big!!!

Our HDD has maxed out yet again (8Gb) without warning thus
the exchange server "fell over".  Is there anyway of
getting a warning before this situation happens again.

Does anyone know of a way of moving the Private.EDB and
Public.EDB and have exchange point to it other than
performance optimizer, (ours kept crashing on transfering
the file to another drive).

Many thanks in advance for you time on this.

Cheers

2. Programatically creating Recipient Policies

3. Priv.edb too big!

4. Exchange Webaccess, object moved

5. priv.edb too big

6. OWA logon question

7. Priv.edb too big

8. Echange 5.0 and Active Platform

9. priv.edb too big

10. Why priv.edb is bigger then sum of private mailboxes?

11. Help!! Priv.edb too big!

12. Need to move PRIV.EDB to bigger hard disk - How is it done.

13. My priv.edb is anormally big