Blocking SMTP users

Post by Allison Andrew » Sat, 20 Oct 2001 09:39:19

We are trying to block a particular internet e-mail
address from sending mail into our Exchange Server (5.5
SP4).  The instructions I found on Microsoft Support were:

1. Set up a custom SMTP recipient for the e-mail address.
Use the e-mail address as the "Display" and "Alias"
2. In Exchange Server, on the Internet Mail Service,
Delivery Restrictions tab, add the address to the "Reject
messages from" list.
3. Once we did this, we were instructed to stop and start
the Internet Mail Services service, which we did.

We have done this, and the messages still come through.
However, I went into one particular mailbox and added the
address to the "Reject messages from" list there, and that
works.  Messages are blocked from that recipient, but only
to that one box.

I have no idea why the global setting on the Internet Mail
Service would behave differently than that within the
Mailbox, but it does.

Any suggestions?

Blocking SMTP users

Post by Allison Andrew » Sat, 20 Oct 2001 09:40:43

[...]

Post by Alen » Sat, 20 Oct 2001 10:04:11

Goto IMS properties > Connections > Message Filtering. Add your address.
Stop and restart your IMS service in server manager.

Quote:> We are trying to block a particular internet e-mail