How or where to grant rights to open Inbox folder.

How or where to grant rights to open Inbox folder.

Post by John Dun » Wed, 08 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Where do I go so I can setup rights within the excahnge admin utility to
grant other users to be able to open another users inbox folder? Where do I
set that permission? I haven't had to due this in a long time and I cant
remember where this feature is....

HELP

Thanks,

John Dunn

How or where to grant rights to open Inbox folder.

Post by Tony » Wed, 08 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Permissions under the mailbox properties but this will give more than you
want to. Visit the user and give delegate access to the Inbox for the user
that needs access to the Inbox.

--
Tony Woods MCP,CNA
Microserve Business Computer Solutions

Quote:> Where do I go so I can setup rights within the excahnge admin utility to
> grant other users to be able to open another users inbox folder? Where do
> set that permission? I haven't had to due this in a long time and I cant
> remember where this feature is....

> HELP

> Thanks,

> John Dunn

How or where to grant rights to open Inbox folder.

Post by Joe Blo » Wed, 08 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Ok, So is the recipients container? Which container is this under?

> Permissions under the mailbox properties but this will give more than you
> want to. Visit the user and give delegate access to the Inbox for the user
> that needs access to the Inbox.

> --
> Tony Woods MCP,CNA
> Microserve Business Computer Solutions
> Victoria BC, Canada

> > Where do I go so I can setup rights within the excahnge admin utility to
> > grant other users to be able to open another users inbox folder? Where
do
> > set that permission? I haven't had to due this in a long time and I cant
> > remember where this feature is....

> > HELP

> > Thanks,

> > John Dunn

How or where to grant rights to open Inbox folder.

Post by Tony » Wed, 08 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I don't understand what you mean. I didn't mention anything about the
Recipients container

> Ok, So is the recipients container? Which container is this under?

> > Permissions under the mailbox properties but this will give more than
you
> > want to. Visit the user and give delegate access to the Inbox for the
user
> > that needs access to the Inbox.

> > --
> > Tony Woods MCP,CNA
> > Microserve Business Computer Solutions
> > Victoria BC, Canada

> > > Where do I go so I can setup rights within the excahnge admin utility
> > > grant other users to be able to open another users inbox folder? Where
> do
> > > set that permission? I haven't had to due this in a long time and I
cant
> > > remember where this feature is....

> > > HELP

> > > Thanks,

> > > John Dunn

How or where to grant rights to open Inbox folder.

Post by Joe Blo » Wed, 08 Mar 2000 04:00:00

No, I am sorry, Where do I navigate in the exchange admin app to set this
feature or permission to grant another user rights to open another users
inbox? Sorry I mislead you......

> I don't understand what you mean. I didn't mention anything about the
> Recipients container

> > Ok, So is the recipients container? Which container is this under?

> > > Permissions under the mailbox properties but this will give more than
> you
> > > want to. Visit the user and give delegate access to the Inbox for the
> user
> > > that needs access to the Inbox.

> > > --
> > > Tony Woods MCP,CNA
> > > Microserve Business Computer Solutions
> > > Victoria BC, Canada

Where
> > do
> cant

How or where to grant rights to open Inbox folder.

Post by Douglas Buchanan [MVP » Wed, 08 Mar 2000 04:00:00

On the Permissions tab of the mailbox. Add the other user as User, but as
was said, this gives access to the entire mailbox, not just the Inbox
folder.

> No, I am sorry, Where do I navigate in the exchange admin app to set this
> feature or permission to grant another user rights to open another users
> inbox? Sorry I mislead you......

> > I don't understand what you mean. I didn't mention anything about the
> > Recipients container

> > > Ok, So is the recipients container? Which container is this under?

> > you
> > user

> utility
> Where
> > > do
> > cant

How or where to grant rights to open Inbox folder.

Post by John Dun » Wed, 08 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Thanks guys. I finally relized that the help feature really can help. I went
into my admin program and saw that I was not diplaying the role and
permission tab. I thought I was going crazy. Heck maybe I am being in this
buisness. Well anyways maybe I can return the favor sometime.

Thanks a bunch.

JD

> On the Permissions tab of the mailbox. Add the other user as User, but as
> was said, this gives access to the entire mailbox, not just the Inbox
> folder.

> > No, I am sorry, Where do I navigate in the exchange admin app to set
this
> > feature or permission to grant another user rights to open another users
> > inbox? Sorry I mislead you......

> > > I don't understand what you mean. I didn't mention anything about the
> > > Recipients container

> than
> > > you
> the
> > > user

> > utility
> > Where
> > > cant

1. How to grant right programmatically ?

Hello Folks,

You can grant view or edit right to somebody so that he/she can see or
modify your Exchange calendar. How would you do this programmatically ?
I search high and low in CDO 3.0 but no luck. Anyone got a hint for me?

Thanks a lot.

Steve.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Some users can not send e-mail to certain other users

3. Grant a user right to another mailbox

4. Remove mail server from site

5. how to grant local administrator rights of the workstations to a domain user acc

6. Back-up probs - help!

7. Exchange 2003 Grant "Send As" Rights

8. Outlook Web Access... Please help!

9. How to grant super-duper rights in Exchange?

10. How To: Grant admin rights to all mailboxes

11. rights granted to groups

12. granting access to email with the least amount of rights

13. Grant Administrative rights to user?