Address Book question

Post by M Kearn » Sat, 14 Apr 2001 01:09:20

I apologize for askng this but I'm not sure how to do this.
Several users have internet users that they send mail to individually.
We want to combine them into one address book view. We need to make
one address book that contains all of them plus each user can add or
modify entries. Do I need to make a distribution list or a global
address book view. Problems is there is no central place that has all
the names and e-mail addresses. Each user would need to add names and
so forth as they see fit.  How do I do this and any suggestions would
be appreciated!
This is a small compnay with only about 15 users.

Address Book question

Post by Michael Abbaticchi » Sat, 14 Apr 2001 02:08:34

Have one user add a distribution list to his contacts folder, and have him
share it out to those who need to use it.

--
Michael Abbaticchio
Exchange Administrator

Quote:> I apologize for askng this but I'm not sure how to do this.
> Several users have internet users that they send mail to individually.
> We want to combine them into one address book view. We need to make
> one address book that contains all of them plus each user can add or
> modify entries. Do I need to make a distribution list or a global
> address book view. Problems is there is no central place that has all
> the names and e-mail addresses. Each user would need to add names and
> so forth as they see fit.  How do I do this and any suggestions would
> be appreciated!
> This is a small compnay with only about 15 users.

Address Book question

Post by Michael Abbaticchi » Sat, 14 Apr 2001 02:37:03

You could probably also acheive this with a pubic folder that stores contact
information.

--
Michael Abbaticchio
Exchange Administrator

> Have one user add a distribution list to his contacts folder, and have him
> share it out to those who need to use it.

> --
> Michael Abbaticchio
> Exchange Administrator
> BHG

> > I apologize for askng this but I'm not sure how to do this.
> > Several users have internet users that they send mail to individually.
> > We want to combine them into one address book view. We need to make
> > one address book that contains all of them plus each user can add or
> > modify entries. Do I need to make a distribution list or a global
> > address book view. Problems is there is no central place that has all
> > the names and e-mail addresses. Each user would need to add names and
> > so forth as they see fit.  How do I do this and any suggestions would
> > be appreciated!
> > This is a small compnay with only about 15 users.

Address Book question

Post by Lanwenc » Sat, 14 Apr 2001 03:25:31

I'd create a public contacts folder. This way people can modify it
themselves without having to bother the exchange admin or the owner of a DL.