Can you figure this one out?

Post by amussenb » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I am running 2 servers each has exchange, one v5.0 another v5.5. One is
Back Office server the other Small Business Server. I need to have one
user have the ability to recieve all mail from both exchange mailboxes
in his outlook97 client. Now the catch... He needs 1 profile that will
access each box. I know that this is impossible as you can only have one
instance of exhange services per profile. But is there a way to have
mail forwarded to one server from the other? I have tried setting up a
custom recipient on one server and sending mail to the other. The
problem is in order to recieve the forwarded mail, he would have to have
a mailbox on the recieving server with the email address of the
forwarded mail, which means he would have to have two mailboxes. One for
the mail addressed to the home server, and one addressed to the
forwarded address. Which means he would need again 2 profiles, one for
each mailbox. Or am i totally confused?  I have in his mailbox
preferances under email addresses in Exchange server specified the
forward address, with the address for that server set as the reply to
address. However, exchange doesn't seem to recognize the fact that it is
there, and sends all the forwarded mail to admin.
I have retreated and placed all back to as was, he can no longer mail
out from his profile in the forwarded to server however....messages stay
in outbox and then are sent to his inbox, a few seconds later with the
error message "Unable to deliver due to a recipient problem" No one else
in the site has the problem however....
Anyway, If anyone has any thoughts, or solutions to my forwarding
nightmare they would be most appreciated!
Thanks in advance

Brance Amussen :)_S

Can you figure this one out?

Post by Neil Whit » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Set up an Alternate Recipient for one of the mailboxes that points to the
Mailbox on the other server. You can configure this in the Mailbox
Properties - Delivery Options page.

Neil

Quote:>I am running 2 servers each has exchange, one v5.0 another v5.5. One is
>Back Office server the other Small Business Server. I need to have one
>user have the ability to recieve all mail from both exchange mailboxes
>in his outlook97 client. Now the catch... He needs 1 profile that will
>access each box. I know that this is impossible as you can only have one
>instance of exhange services per profile. But is there a way to have
>mail forwarded to one server from the other? I have tried setting up a
>custom recipient on one server and sending mail to the other. The
>problem is in order to recieve the forwarded mail, he would have to have
>a mailbox on the recieving server with the email address of the
>forwarded mail, which means he would have to have two mailboxes. One for
>the mail addressed to the home server, and one addressed to the
>forwarded address. Which means he would need again 2 profiles, one for
>each mailbox. Or am i totally confused?  I have in his mailbox
>preferances under email addresses in Exchange server specified the
>forward address, with the address for that server set as the reply to
>address. However, exchange doesn't seem to recognize the fact that it is
>there, and sends all the forwarded mail to admin.
>I have retreated and placed all back to as was, he can no longer mail
>out from his profile in the forwarded to server however....messages stay
>in outbox and then are sent to his inbox, a few seconds later with the
>error message "Unable to deliver due to a recipient problem" No one else
>in the site has the problem however....
>Anyway, If anyone has any thoughts, or solutions to my forwarding
>nightmare they would be most appreciated!
>Thanks in advance

>Brance Amussen :)_S

Can you figure this one out?

Post by ge rinco » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

connect to one of the servers and setup rules for the mailbox to re-route
all mail to the other mailbox

Quote:> I am running 2 servers each has exchange, one v5.0 another v5.5. One is
> Back Office server the other Small Business Server. I need to have one
> user have the ability to recieve all mail from both exchange mailboxes
> in his outlook97 client. Now the catch... He needs 1 profile that will
> access each box. I know that this is impossible as you can only have one
> instance of exhange services per profile. But is there a way to have
> mail forwarded to one server from the other? I have tried setting up a
> custom recipient on one server and sending mail to the other. The
> problem is in order to recieve the forwarded mail, he would have to have
> a mailbox on the recieving server with the email address of the
> forwarded mail, which means he would have to have two mailboxes. One for
> the mail addressed to the home server, and one addressed to the
> forwarded address. Which means he would need again 2 profiles, one for
> each mailbox. Or am i totally confused?  I have in his mailbox
> preferances under email addresses in Exchange server specified the
> forward address, with the address for that server set as the reply to
> address. However, exchange doesn't seem to recognize the fact that it is
> there, and sends all the forwarded mail to admin.
> I have retreated and placed all back to as was, he can no longer mail
> out from his profile in the forwarded to server however....messages stay
> in outbox and then are sent to his inbox, a few seconds later with the
> error message "Unable to deliver due to a recipient problem" No one else
> in the site has the problem however....
> Anyway, If anyone has any thoughts, or solutions to my forwarding
> nightmare they would be most appreciated!
> Thanks in advance

> Brance Amussen :)_S

1. Can no one figure this one out?

Exchange 5.5

When I go to the private information store on my exchange server and look at
Mailbox Resources I see there are 20 items for the user "Internet Mail
Service (MACHINE_NAME)"

I have that account configured to use the Administrator email account, and I
have verified the Administrator account works correctly.

What are these 20 items and how do I get to them? (now that I'm reposting
this, there are 24, so it's growing!!!)

Thanks!

2. Rollout outlook97(Help)

3. I need help from a Real Guru - (No One Can figure this out)

4. help ! CDO and logon to another domain's exchange server ?

5. Canned Exchange Quota Messages and how to change

6. Information Store error 4294966766 Help!

7. Canned Messages

8. Undisclosure email list

9. Canned/Custom MSExchange Reports

10. Mailbox limit canned message

11. Canning the Job

12. Outlook time-outs to old server after importing with ExMerge

13. E2K SMTP Time outs like Exchange 5.5?