NewsFeed questions

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sun, 31 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hello.
I got couple of questions on Exchange newsfeed.
1. What does the value
MSExcganeINS\Parameters\NeewsFeeds\NewsfeedName\DownloadOverlap means?
2. How do I control period of newsfeed inactivity, after which newsfeed
does hangup?

Thanks.

--

Thanks for everybody who supported MVPs.
But the future of NGs still uncertain.

Questions will not be answered via e-mail.
Kirill S. Palagin

1. NEWSFEED QUESTION

When I add a news feed to my Exchange 5.5 Server,  I get the same errors no
matter what I use for a source.  The errors are as follows.

"An error occurred during outbound trying to logon to remote host
msnews.microsoft.com.   Error = 0x80004005. "

"Failed to establish outbound connection to msnews.microsoft.com.  News will
be resent later. "

"An error response was received to a newnews command from server Newsfeed
msnews.microsoft.com (ENTERPRISE). The response code was 502.  The pull feed
connection has been terminated. "

by host pssnews.msn.com.  Server response: 502 Access Denied. "

"An unexpected response (502) was received from news server pssnews.msn.com.
"

This just started happening recently.  And I can still access the sites from
Outlook Express.  The only changes Ive made since this started happening
are,  Exchange SP3 and NT SP6a.  But before I go rebuilding my Exchange
Server I wanted to know if anyone else has seen this problem before.

Thanks,

Jason

2. * * * help!!! connecting cc:Mail and Exchange * * *

3. Newsfeed Question

4. Help! Migrate HP Open Mail

5. Newsfeed question

6. Distribution Lists & Internet Addresses

7. How to establish foreward from exchange2yk mailbox to external e.mail account?

8. Another Newsfeed Question

9. Newsfeed Question

10. Newsfeed questions.

11. Newsfeed question - it now WORKS!