Migrating Lotus Notes -> Exchange 5.5

Post by Len Mainier » Tue, 13 Oct 1998 04:00:00

We are about to switch or Mail system to Exchange 5.5 from Lotus Domino
4.6.2. Before we dive into this, is there anyone that can offer any
hints/tips beforehand? I figure we'll install Exchange 4.0 on the same
server Notes is on, upgrade it directly to 5.5, apply SP1, use the "Exchange
Connector for Lotus Notes", transfer all mail accounts, then wipe Domino.
Sound ok? Easier said than done...I know.
Our setup:

NT4 w/sp3
Dial-up acct. w/UUNET filtering through a Proxy 2.0 server

Thanx - Len

Migrating Lotus Notes -> Exchange 5.5

Post by Andrew Swor » Mon, 19 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Len,
On the latest Technet CD there are few articles helping with this process.

Let me know if you need a copy of the articles

Regards
Andrew Sword, MVP

>We are about to switch or Mail system to Exchange 5.5 from Lotus Domino
>4.6.2. Before we dive into this, is there anyone that can offer any
>hints/tips beforehand? I figure we'll install Exchange 4.0 on the same
>server Notes is on, upgrade it directly to 5.5, apply SP1, use the
"Exchange
>Connector for Lotus Notes", transfer all mail accounts, then wipe Domino.
>Sound ok? Easier said than done...I know.
>Our setup:

>NT4 w/sp3
>Dial-up acct. w/UUNET filtering through a Proxy 2.0 server

>Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

>Thanx - Len

Migrating Lotus Notes -> Exchange 5.5

Post by Andrew Hargreav » Tue, 20 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I would be hesitant to install it on the same physical server as the Notes
one.   Notes has you make some registry changes that tweak NT to perform
better for Notes which may hamper performance of exchange.

If you have any problems with the Exchange setup, your Notes email will be
DOA as well.

>We are about to switch or Mail system to Exchange 5.5 from Lotus Domino
>4.6.2. Before we dive into this, is there anyone that can offer any
>hints/tips beforehand? I figure we'll install Exchange 4.0 on the same
>server Notes is on, upgrade it directly to 5.5, apply SP1, use the
"Exchange
>Connector for Lotus Notes", transfer all mail accounts, then wipe Domino.
>Sound ok? Easier said than done...I know.
>Our setup:

>NT4 w/sp3
>Dial-up acct. w/UUNET filtering through a Proxy 2.0 server

>Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

>Thanx - Len

1. Migrating GroupWise 4.1 to GroupWise 5.5, MS Exchange 5.5 or Lotus Notes

I administrate a large email system. The system runs on GroupWise 4.1a
under Novell 4.11 servers. There are >150 Netware servers,geographicaly
displaced around the United Kingdom over WAN links.

The organisation is going to planing to migrate to a replacement
messaging solution & is evaluating 3 products. These are GroupWise 5.5,
MS Exchange 5.5 (Outlook
98) or Lotus Notes R5.
I am interested in hearing from companies that have migrated from an
environment similar to ours to either of the three stated replacements.

I am particularly interested in area's such as migration problems,
Administration issues, client ease of use & interoperability with MS
Office & Oracle ERP.

I would also be grateful if you could possibly guide me in the right
direction, i.e. specific news groups e.t.c for further information.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. cdo and personal folders

3. Migrating Lotus Notes 4.6 Archives to Exchange 5.5

4. How to change the 'Mailbox Directory Name' ?

5. Lotus Notes ->Exchange 5.5 - Pre-Installation questions

6. Pb to create a second storage group

7. Migrating select users from Lotus Notes 5.5 to Exchange 2000

8. Please Help!!

9. Migrating Lotus Notes to MS. Exchange 5.5

10. Migrating Lotus Notes 4.6 Archives to Exchange 5.5

11. Migrating from Lotus Notes to Exchange 5.5

12. migrating from Lotus Notes 4.1 to Exchange 5.5

13. Migrating Lotus Notes 6.0 Mailboxes To Exchange 5.5