HELP!!!

Post by AtlSk » Tue, 25 Jan 2000 04:00:00

OK... I screwed up big here.  Last week I reinstalled NT Server as well as
Back Office on the main server (small network- 2 servers).  I errently
installed BO on the main partition which ran it nearly out of space.
Everything was fine until today when the MTA as well as the IS wouldn't
start.  I realized the problem (no disk space) and now I have no solution.
I don't have the means of a tape backup and I would like to delete BO from
the partition and reinstall it onto another (larger) partition.  How can I
save the information needed to reinstall Exchange and put it on another
partition without messing up the store (or having to recreate it by hand as
I did the week prior).  Any help is apprecitaed.

David

HELP!!!

Post by Douglas Buchanan [MVP » Tue, 25 Jan 2000 04:00:00

How about Ghost or a similar disk-to-disk copier? If I remember correctly,
don't they allow you to copy into a larger partition?

Quote:> OK... I screwed up big here.  Last week I reinstalled NT Server as well as
> Back Office on the main server (small network- 2 servers).  I errently
> installed BO on the main partition which ran it nearly out of space.
> Everything was fine until today when the MTA as well as the IS wouldn't
> start.  I realized the problem (no disk space) and now I have no solution.
> I don't have the means of a tape backup and I would like to delete BO from
> the partition and reinstall it onto another (larger) partition.  How can I
> save the information needed to reinstall Exchange and put it on another
> partition without messing up the store (or having to recreate it by hand
as
> I did the week prior).  Any help is apprecitaed.

> David

HELP!!!

Have you tried running the perfomance optimiser?  BTW, get a tape bacup.