Disclamers at the bottom of messages

Post by Mycal Sier-Jud » Sat, 02 Jun 2001 19:40:24

Hello all,

I'm trying to add a disclamer to out outbound mail.  Trouble is, I know it
can be done, I just cant find out how......

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks,

Mick.

Disclamers at the bottom of messages

Post by Huw Davie » Sat, 02 Jun 2001 20:44:17

Hi Mycal,

I've just done this using the following technet article:
Q262097

It's a bit clunky, but it saves buying a third party product ...

Huw

Quote:> Hello all,

> I'm trying to add a disclamer to out outbound mail.  Trouble is, I know it
> can be done, I just cant find out how......

> Does anyone have any advice?

> Thanks,

> Mick.

Disclamers at the bottom of messages

Post by Huw Davie » Sat, 02 Jun 2001 22:47:38

Mycal,

Just as an aside, I'm assuming you're using Ex5.5

If so, you might like to look at
http://www.swynk.com/friends/ferguson/11-16-00.asp, which details the whole
process.  It's important to remember that the disclaimer has to be entered
in RTF format, and watch the caveat regaiding mutliple domains/routing.

Huw

Post by sir » Sat, 02 Jun 2001 22:57:08

> Hello all,

> I'm trying to add a disclamer to out outbound mail.  Trouble is, I know it
> can be done, I just cant find out how......

> Does anyone have any advice?

> Thanks,

> Mick.

Hi Mick,

in order to do it you need to insert a dll, called imsext.dll if I
remember correctly and add two registry keys to the internet mail
connector server of your organization. We did it succesfully on our
organization.  By the way we run Exchange 5.5, on Exchange 2000 is
another story.
If you wish I could show you how to do it.

Bye,

Siro

Disclamers at the bottom of messages

Post by Kristofer Nurmi » Tue, 05 Jun 2001 16:10:33

Try this:

http://www.exchangeadmin.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=8259

--
Kristofer Nurmia
System Administrator

One reason why I don't drink is because I wish to know when I am having a
good time.
---Nancy Astor

Quote:> Hello all,