Just got hit with "HI" virus

Post by Frank Garci » Thu, 06 Dec 2001 07:29:11

We are trying to find a way to delete the massive amount of e-mails that
still remain in the information store.  The extension of the action scr file
has been changed to stop the virus from permutating.  However, if there is a
way to delete the messages from the exchange server before they go out;
please let me know.

We appreciate your time and attention.

Also, if you can include the name of the child newsgroup where these
messages will be transferred to; please let me know as well.

Thanks again.

Frank

Just got hit with "HI" virus

Post by <d_a_.. » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 12:45:26

There is a utility called isscan.exe from Microsoft that will strip all the
bad attachments out of the information store.  I used it successfully on an
Exchange 5.5 SP3 installation.  I am still having problems running it on a
SP4 system though.  Compaq support has given me a MS Hotfix
(Q268886engI.EXE) to apply to my SP4 server which is supposed to make the
isscan utility operate normally....I'm going to try it out tomorrow to see
if it helps.

Quote:> We are trying to find a way to delete the massive amount of e-mails that
> still remain in the information store.  The extension of the action scr
file
> has been changed to stop the virus from permutating.  However, if there is
> way to delete the messages from the exchange server before they go out;
> please let me know.

> We appreciate your time and attention.

> Also, if you can include the name of the child newsgroup where these
> messages will be transferred to; please let me know as well.

> Thanks again.

> Frank

1. Hit with "HI" Virus

We are trying to find a way to delete the massive amount of e-mails that
still remain in the information store.  The extension of the action scr file
has been changed to stop the virus from permutating.  However, if there is a
way to delete the messages from the exchange server before they go out;
please let me know.

We appreciate your time and attention.

Also, if you can include the name of the child newsgroup where these
messages will be transferred to; please let me know as well.

Thanks again.

Frank

2. error message with exchange

3. Please Help""""""""""""""

4. communications failure

5. """"Microsoft Fax options""""

6. Group Permissions do not work but individual permissions do??? help :(

7. Virus : "_"

8. Event Script in a mixed environment

9. What is "IPM.Anti-Virus.Lockout"

10. "Requesting Virus Scan....."

11. question about "ShareTheFun" virus

12. "homepage" virus slows the clients connectivity

13. Getting "user-defined"-Properties..